Thread: NBA Mock Draft

Re: NBA Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    PG Hinrich
    SG Wade
    SF Deng
    PF Gooden
    C Noah

That is a VERY good team. I'm not sure Miami does it though.

PG Rose
    SG Hughes
    SF Beasley
    PF Marion
    C Haslem

I guess they could trade Marion for a center. I'm not sure that any good bigs are available though.
    It can't be hard to find a big man to clog up space. Haslem isn't that guy, but maybe Tomic will slip down to their second round spot.

2. Turn Off Ads?

BTW, I would flip flop Matrix and Beasley. Marion is more suited for a SF while Beasley, despite size would be a better PF.

Another alternative since Mayo has been linked to Miami as well:

PG-Derrick Rose
    SG-OJ Mayo
    SF-Shawn Marion
    PF-Tyrus Thomas
    C-Udonis Haslem
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I'm sort of close to the situation and I'm hearing that the Cavs will be pretty active Thursday. Look for Varejao to be dealt. Golden State is interested and there is a deal being discussed sending AV and #19 to GS for Brendan Wright, however the other pieces are still being discussed. Varejao's time in Cleveland is over and it's just a question of where he lands. Milwaukee remains interested in AV as well. Charlotte has expressed interest in the #19 pick, but a deal will be tough due to the inability to trade Varejao to Charlotte until Dec. 5. A three team deal with GS is being discussed, but nothing solid. The Cavs would really like to move up into the early lottery to grab a certain G that played a little ball in Cincinnati during his HS years, but they may be lacking the ammo to make such a move.
    Theres a slight look into the Cavs front office from my sources. The only guarantee that I have is that the Cavs will buy a pick into the second round, possibly twice.

I dunno Beasley measured at like 6'7 didn't he? Marion is definitely more bulky so I just kinda assume he would guard opposing bigs.

Tomic might fall, but they'd still need a starting center. They could always sign Diop for the MLE, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3 View Post
    I'm sort of close to the situation and I'm hearing that the Cavs will be pretty active Thursday. Look for Varejao to be dealt. Golden State is interested and there is a deal being discussed sending AV and #19 to GS for Brendan Wright, however the other pieces are still being discussed. Varejao's time in Cleveland is over and it's just a question of where he lands. Milwaukee remains interested in AV as well. Charlotte has expressed interest in the #19 pick, but a deal will be tough due to the inability to trade Varejao to Charlotte until Dec. 5. A three team deal with GS is being discussed, but nothing solid. The Cavs would really like to move up into the early lottery to grab a certain G that played a little ball in Cincinnati during his HS years, but they may be lacking the ammo to make such a move.
    Theres a slight look into the Cavs front office from my sources. The only guarantee that I have is that the Cavs will buy a pick into the second round, possibly twice.
    I've heard some JO to Cavs rumors. Snow+AV+19 for JO I think was the rumor. Not sure if I'm for that trade or not. (as Indy fan)

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    I've heard some JO to Cavs rumors. Snow+AV+19 for JO I think was the rumor. Not sure if I'm for that trade or not. (as Indy fan)
    I know that there has been some discussion between the Cavs and Pacers, but the Cavs aren't very interested as of now. Whether you want to say that the Pacers are overvaluing O'Neal or the Cavs are undervaluing him, it seems unlikely that a deal will happen. O'Neal would be a good fit for the Cavs since they are in a win now situation, but he is viewed as an big injury risk by the Cavs.

As a Pacers fan you shouldn't be too worried about JO heading to Cleveland. I have heard the Raptors are a likely spot for him to land but I don't have ties to anyone in that front office to confirm

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3 View Post
    Sounds like the Cavs want OJ Mayo. The only way they would be able to score that high would be to part with LeBron, and I doubt that happes.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Sounds like the Cavs want OJ Mayo. The only way they would be able to score that high would be to part with LeBron, and I doubt that happes.
    you would be correct. The Cavs have OJ Mayo rated at the top of the board with Derrick Rose. He would be about the perfect fit for Lebron and the Cavs. They were banking on the negative press and personality questions to move OJ back to the 6 spot, and then make a move with the Knicks to get that pick. But OJ has impressed in workouts and although he won't be a great fit in MIN, he's my pick for ROY

Beasley is still the best player in the draft, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce4HOF View Post
    Beasley is still the best player in the draft, as far as I'm concerned.
    Agreed, just don't think its the biggest need for the Bulls

1.Chicago-Derrick Rose(PG-Memphis)
    2.Memphis(from Miami)-Michael Beasley(PF-K-St)
    3.Minnesota-OJ Mayo(SG-USC)
    4.Seattle-Jeryd Bayless(SG-Arizona)
    5.Miami(from Memphis)-Kevin Love(PF-UCLA)
    6.New York-Danillano Gallarni(SF-Italy)
    7.Phoenix(from LA Clippers)-Joe Alexander(SF-WVU)
    8.Milwaukee-Russell Westbrook(SG-UCLA)
    9.Charlotte-Brook Lopez(C-Stanford)
    10.New Jersey-Anthony Randolph(PF-LSU)
    11.Indiana-Eric Gordon(SG-Indiana)
    12.Sacramento-DJ Augustein(PG-Texas)
    13.Portland-Brandon Rush(SG-Kansas)
    14.Golden State-Darrell Arthur(PF-Kansas)
    15.LA Clippers(from Phoenix)-Mario Chalmers(PG-Kansas)
    16.Philadelphia-Maresse Speights(C-Florida)
    17.Toronto-Kosta Koufous(C-Ohio St)
    18.Washington-Robin Lopez(C-Stanford)
    19.Cleveland-DeAndre Jordan(C-TexAM)
    20.Denver-Jason Thompson(PF-Rider)
    21.New Jersey-Donte Greene(SF-Syracuse)
    22.Orlando-Chris Douglas-Roberts(SG-Memphis)
    23.Utah-Roy Hibbert(C-Georgetown)
    24.Seattle-JaVale McGee(C-Nevada)
    25.Houston-JJ Hickson(PF-NC St)
    26.San Antonio-Nicholas Batum(SF-France)
    27.New Orleans-Ryan Anderson(PF-Cal)
    28.Memphis-Serge Ibaka(PF-Congo)
    29.Detroit-Bill Walker(SF-K St)
    30.Boston-Courtney Lee(SG-WKU)

Hibbert will be the pick at 19, if he's around and the Cavs have the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    BTW, I would flip flop Matrix and Beasley. Marion is more suited for a SF while Beasley, despite size would be a better PF.
    Could you imagine the mismatches that would create? Marion is so big that a SF, even one as athletic, would be at a big disadvantage. Beasley, though not big, plays big, and moves small. I think he would be the most athletic 4 in the league.

I should have mentioned the two trades:

Memphis gets: no 2 pick
    Miami gets: Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, and no 5 pick

LA Clippers get: no 15 pick, Leandro Barbosa
    Phoenix gets: Corey Magette, no 7 pick

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

C-Udonis Haslem
    Granted, he's no world-beater, but isn't Mark Blount still under contract?

I'm sort of close to the situation and I'm hearing that the Cavs will be pretty active Thursday. Look for Varejao to be dealt. Golden State is interested and there is a deal being discussed sending AV and #19 to GS for Brendan Wright, however the other pieces are still being discussed
    The rumor that I heard was Al Harrington for Varejao.
    We'll see.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

1.Chicago-Derrick Rose(PG-Memphis)
    2.Memphis(from Miami)-Michael Beasley(PF-K-St)
    3.Minnesota-OJ Mayo(SG-USC)
    4.Seattle-Jeryd Bayless(SG-Arizona)
    5.Miami(from Memphis)-Kevin Love(PF-UCLA)
    6.New York-Danillano Gallarni(SF-Italy)
    7.Phoenix(from LA Clippers)-Joe Alexander(SF-WVU)
    8.Milwaukee-Russell Westbrook(SG-UCLA)
    9.Charlotte-Brook Lopez(C-Stanford)
    10.New Jersey-Anthony Randolph(PF-LSU)
    11.Indiana-Eric Gordon(SG-Indiana)
    12.Sacramento-DJ Augustein(PG-Texas)
    13.Portland-Brandon Rush(SG-Kansas)
    14.Golden State-Darrell Arthur(PF-Kansas)
    15.LA Clippers(from Phoenix)-Mario Chalmers(PG-Kansas)
    16.Philadelphia-Maresse Speights(C-Florida)
    17.Toronto-Kosta Koufous(C-Ohio St)
    18.Washington-Robin Lopez(C-Stanford)
    19.Cleveland-DeAndre Jordan(C-TexAM)
    20.Denver-Jason Thompson(PF-Rider)
    21.New Jersey-Donte Greene(SF-Syracuse)
    22.Orlando-Chris Douglas-Roberts(SG-Memphis)
    23.Utah-Roy Hibbert(C-Georgetown)
    24.Seattle-JaVale McGee(C-Nevada)
    25.Houston-JJ Hickson(PF-NC St)
    26.San Antonio-Nicholas Batum(SF-France)
    27.New Orleans-Ryan Anderson(PF-Cal)
    28.Memphis-Serge Ibaka(PF-Congo)
    29.Detroit-Bill Walker(SF-K St)
    30.Boston-Courtney Lee(SG-WKU)

I should have mentioned the two trades:

Memphis gets: no 2 pick
    Miami gets: Mike Miller, Kyle Lowry, and no 5 pick

LA Clippers get: no 15 pick, Leandro Barbosa
    Phoenix gets: Corey Magette, no 7 pick

Nice job, WVRed. Interesting plausible deals, as well.
    Should the afforementioned deals materialize, Gordon should fall to Indy. I'm not sold on Augustin, though. I'd rather see the Pacers go big than pin their hopes on a 5' 10" P.G.

FWIW, I'd also take D. Jordan ahead of Hibbert if I'm the Cavs.

Turn Off Ads?