Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Mock Draft

Re: NBA Mock Draft

Umm... Hinrich shot 41% (45 the previous season). He is not horrid at all. He is also a GREAT defender and we know what wins championships, don't we?

Thomas has been frustrating so far in his short career. Next year is make or break for him. Gooden is nothing more then average at everything he does. Noah was just arrested for possession of marijuana. They could use an elite forward, moreso then a PG.

Also, how can you say that Rose could have EASILY scored 20-10? I understand that in a better system it would net better results, but to say that he could have better stats is not a logical response to him not having very good stats.

26.2 PPG 12.4 RPG 53% FG a little over a block and a steal per game... this guy is amazing

Beasley is not Durant, I was just comparing their excellent seasons. 25.8 PPG 11.1 RPG is what Durant posted. That is a slightly improvement, not to mention he is taller and is considerably stronger.

How do the Bulls deserve to lose if they don't pick Rose? That is a pretty ridiculous statement, especially considering if they went with BPA - it would be Beasley drafted 1st. I think you just have some sort of man crush on Rose.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Umm... Hinrich shot 41% (45 the previous season). He is not horrid at all. He is also a GREAT defender and we know what wins championships, don't we?

Thomas has been frustrating so far in his short career. Next year is make or break for him. Gooden is nothing more then average at everything he does. Noah was just arrested for possession of marijuana. They could use an elite forward, moreso then a PG.

Also, how can you say that Rose could have EASILY scored 20-10? I understand that in a better system it would net better results, but to say that he could have better stats is not a logical response to him not having very good stats.

26.2 PPG 12.4 RPG 53% FG a little over a block and a steal per game... this guy is amazing

Beasley is not Durant, I was just comparing their excellent seasons. 25.8 PPG 11.1 RPG is what Durant posted. That is a slightly improvement, not to mention he is taller and is considerably stronger.

How do the Bulls deserve to lose if they don't pick Rose? That is a pretty ridiculous statement, especially considering if they went with BPA - it would be Beasley drafted 1st. I think you just have some sort of man crush on Rose.
    41% is nothing to write home about, along with his amazing 3 to 1 a/t ratio. Yeah he plays good defense but when he averages over 3 fouls per game in his career can you really trust him to be in the game in clutch moments at the end of the game to play defense? I'd much rather have Rose, he's a better leader, shooter, passer, and he'll be a smarter defender with time.

The only thing Hinrich has on Rose is FT%

If the Bulls were smart they'd trade Hinrich and draft Rose. I hear many teams are interested in him (which stuns me), i'd get rid of him in a second.
    Last edited by NorrisHopper30; 05-26-2008 at 03:17 PM.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    41% is nothing to write home about, along with his amazing 3 to 1 a/t ratio. Yeah he plays good defense but when he averages over 3 fouls per game in his career can you really trust him to be in the game in clutch moments at the end of the game to play defense? I'd much rather have Rose, he's a better leader, shooter, passer, and he'll be a smarter defender with time.

The only thing Hinrich has on Rose is FT%

If the Bulls were smart they'd trade Hinrich and draft Rose. I hear many teams are interested in him (which stuns me), i'd get rid of him in a second.
    Totally disagree.

I'll be amazed if the Bulls don't draft Beasley. They will, though, so I don't expect to be amazed.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Thomas has been mismanaged. Hopefully whoever the Bulls get as coach knows how to use him in a hybrid defensive SF/PF. Gooden is a decent role player, and even then the Bulls can update via FA(Okafor, Brand). Noah being arrested for bam-bam might have an influence in the NFL, but unfortunately the NBA views it as street cred.

The Bulls also are going to need help at guard. I think Hinrich has been beaten to death, and they can also address the frontcourt by dealing him.(One rumor was to Denver for Marcus Camby) In addition, Luol Deng and Ben Gordon are free agents.

Rose played in a system at Memphis that did not require him to take over to star offensively. If he had played in Illinois or a different system, he would have had better stats. He could have done it, but with the Princeton offense, he was not asked to do it.

No argument from me. I do think he is the best player in the draft, but it is 1A and 1B between him and Rose.

Both have the inside/outside games, which is what I was referring to. They are also similar in that they play better outside the perimeter.

It's not man-crush, its picking the best player available to fill a critical need. The Hawks took Marvin Williams over CP3 and Deron Williams, who Derrick Rose is being compared to. They only made the playoffs after trading for Mike Bibby.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

I am not sold that either player fits the Bulls perfectly. They both have warts, Rose (range and shooting ability), Beasley (undersized, not a good defender, character concerns). So my guess is that Pax is looking to find a good deal which suits their needs. Something like the following would be ideal for da Bulls in a perfect world.

Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas and the #1 pick for Al Jefferson and the #3 pick.

Hinrich, Noah and the #1 pick for Greg Oden and the 13th pick.

Granted these are both quite unlikely but it's what the Bulls will likely be looking for to trade the pick.

If they keep the pick odds are it's Beasley, although Pax loves good guards. 2002-2004 Jay Williams, Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Chase Budinger, Wayne Ellington and Ty Lawson are returning to school.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...703-EST--2929/

It looks like we'll have to compose new mocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Chase Budinger, Wayne Ellington and Ty Lawson are returning to school.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...703-EST--2929/

It looks like we'll have to compose new mocks.
    I'm going to wait till the night before I finish mine, everything is just changing too much..i've changed my mock 10+ times so far so i'm just pausing it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    1.Boston-Derrick Rose(PG-Memphis) in exchange for rights to PJ Brown
    2.Boston-Michael Beasley(PF-Kansas St) in exchange for rights to S. Cassell
    3.Minnesota-Brook Lopez(C-Stanford)
    *4.New York-OJ Mayo(PG-USC)
    5.Memphis-Danillo Gallinari(SF-Italy)
    *6.Seattle-Jerryd Bayless(SG-Ari)
    7.LA Clippers-Russell Westbrook(PG-UCLA)
    8.Milwaukee-Eric Gordon(SG-Indiana)
    9.Charlotte-Anthony Randolph(PF-LSU)
    10.New Jersey-DeAndre Jordan(C-TexAM)
    )
    fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    fixed it for you
    I wish.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Yeah, I should have waited. At least until after the work outs. I'll probably end up doing another

Latest rumor:

DWade to the Bulls for the no 1, Tyrus Thomas, and Larry Hughes.

Miami would take Rose and Beasley with the picks.

Bulls get a superstar they are looking for, and the Heat rebuild in a big way.

Latest rumor:

As a Bulls fan, goodness I hope not. Wade seems fragile, like Grant Hill in the making.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

PG Hinrich
    SG Wade
    SF Deng
    PF Gooden
    C Noah

That is a VERY good team. I'm not sure Miami does it though.

PG Rose
    SG Hughes
    SF Beasley
    PF Marion
    C Haslem

I guess they could trade Marion for a center. I'm not sure that any good bigs are available though.

Latest rumor:

Where do you see this?

My mock draft will be finished the night before...

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Where do you see this?

My mock draft will be finished the night before...
    I had read it on RealGM.com.

I may update mine tomorrow.

Turn Off Ads?