Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are we still fans?

Why are we still fans?

Honest question. What about this organization makes you want to root for it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why are we still fans?

I see that I'm not the only one that's sick of this crap!

I've always been a fan. Honestly, there's no reason for me to stop being a fan now, just to bandwagon on another team.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I'll never stop rooting for this team. Fair weather fans have no character. Pick a team and follow them - through the good and the bad. It's sooooo much more satisfying that way..when your team actually wins.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

I am going to continue rooting for this team like I have my whole life...I might just hitch myself a little bit on the TB bandwagon just to get my fix of success so I don't kill myself.

It is a tough time being a Cincinnati sports fan...Go Cyclones!!!

I'll get frustrated and angry with the way things go but I wont give up on the Reds. I will die a Reds fan.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I'll never stop rooting for this team. Fair weather fans have no character. Pick a team and follow them - through the good and the bad. It's sooooo much more satisfying that way..when your team actually wins.
    Come on now...

Choose a side, my friend.

I sometimes wonder why too. When is it going to be our turn? I feel like such a glutton for punishment, especially when I see teams with worse records pounding on our best pitcher. I get frustrated to the point of tears at times.

Yes, I know there's no crying in baseball, but I'm female, I'm allowed!

got alil captain in u?

i've been throught many losing seasons with this team and it aint time to quit now. Were gonna win one of these years and have prolonged success with all the young talent we have in the minors and on the club now. It may not be the easiest road to get there but we will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by RiSK View Post
    Come on now...

Sometimes we as fans momentarily say "enough" and "I'm not watching the game tomorrow" etc.
    But the real fans thru thick & thin keep coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post

Yes, I know there's no crying in baseball, but I'm female, I'm allowed!
    Then can you cry a little extra for the one's who arent allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    But its so much less satisfying when your team doesn't smell the postseason since 1999 and doesn't reach it since 1995.

Im never going to stop being a Reds fan but it's times like these that make me feel almost stupid for being one. Wouldn't it make more sense to be a fan of a winner? Really I mean there are no moral victories in being a fan. All of the F'n Redsox fans don't care about bandwagons, they are just happy that their team is great. What is it about the human psyche that makes us stick to a team that is flat out bad, year in and year out?

it's not a choice, it's an addiction.

This thread isn't supposed to be negative.

I think that all fans wonder at times why they are fans of perennial losers. I am just looking for the reasons that individuals on this bored justify being fans of this team. Sometimes it seems so counterintuitive to be a fan of the Reds when 20 or so better options exist.

I for one am a fan because I was raised that way. A Reds fan through think and thin. But in thinking about fandom logically it would seems that the most pleasurable and satisfying way to be a fan would be to follow the team that is winning. And even though that is dismissed as "bandwagoning" I do not think that any bandwagoner would care or feel any less about the fact that their team is successful.

I dunno I’ve been drinking PBR and reading Nietzsche. Maybe that’s my problem.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiSK View Post
    Come on now...

I think someone else in the thread adequately addressed it. Obviously I am not quitting the Reds if Mike Lincoln still has a job tomorrow. I'm just frustrated as hell right now...as are we all.

I'll be here tomorrow.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Turn Off Ads?