Turn Off Ads?

Thread: So how many losses do we have to get to get this guy next year

So how many losses do we have to get to get this guy next year

Steven Strasburg RHP San Diego State

Strasburg would be atop my draft board this year, if he were eligible. The big right-hander has struck out 40.41% of batters faced this year while walking a scant 3.67%. If Tony Gwynn isn’t happy enough with those ridiculous numbers, Strasburg has yet to allow a single home run despite playing the 20th most difficult schedule in a home park that favors hitters (111 PF). Strasburg’s fastball is arguably the best in college ball today. Sitting in the high-90’s with pin point command, it's a big reason why is his FIP is an astonishingly low 0.76 – cross town rival Brian Matusz’s FIP is 2.06 which is astounding in its own right but really puts Strasburg’s season in perspective. There may only be a baseball prospect worth tanking over once every 10 years, and as a Ranger fan, I want Texas to lose out so they can have a shot at a guy that I believe will be widely regarded as the best college pitcher since Mark Prior on draft day ’09.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So how many losses do we have to get to get this guy next year

SS is 8-1, a 1.28 ERA with a sick 125/11 K to BB ratio over 84 innings. His stuff is as unhittable as it's probably possible to be, and he has pin point command of a moving fastbal that can hit 98/99 and a mid-80s slider with a sharp late break. Barring a major change like an injury, the Reds would need to be the worst team to get a chance to draft him since he looks right now like the heads and tails #1 next summer pick.

We'll go on a mini-tear second half and put ourselves about 7th or 8th again.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

would 61-101 get the job done?

And from the little video I saw, his mechanics look very good from an injury standpoint. He doesn't seem to do the Inverted W, instead keeping his elbow below his shoulder. Again that is from just a little bit of video.

to get to 61-101 we must go 40-74 the rest of the way. So tempting, but at the same token I am sooooo tired of losing.

Nevermind my earlier post. We're 8th worst right now.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Nevermind my earlier post. We're 8th worst right now.
    We really need Griff and Dunn to step up and let a few more balls land for base hits, and for them to strike out a few more times. lol

I think unless the Reds play the balance of the season in the Pacific time zone or do a major fire sale that they will be hard pressed to end up with a worse record than the Giants.

Turn Off Ads?