At this point in the year its not time to give up but I do think its time to play for next year. The moves I would make are...
1. Trade Griffey. If seattle wants him they can have him. Put Bruce in Right and keep him there til he retires.
2. Sign Dunn to a long term contract. I know alot of people want to trade him but we have no way to replace his .400OBP and 40 Homeruns.
3. Trade Arroyo. Even though he has struggled this year plenty of teams would still be interested. Try to get a young catcher for him.
4. Do the unthinkable and trade Harang. With Volsquez, Cueto, Bailey and Thompson Harang becomes expendable. If the reds can get a close to ready pitching prospect like Crow in the draft they will have even more depth. Try to get a young SS, CF and pitcher for Harang. Hes a stud and could be used to fill alot of holes for us.
5. Trade hatteberg for whatever you can get for him.
Let the young kids play the rest of 08 out and hopefully they will be ready to compete for the division in 09.