Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Doc hit the nail on the head last night on WLW...

Doc hit the nail on the head last night on WLW...

The Reds can only score via the long ball. Until they change the makeup of the team, they will continue to play softball.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Doc hit the nail on the head last night on WLW...

The reds are built for GABP plain and simple. This is why they struggle on the road so badly on the offensive end. To many homerun hitters and not enough contact driven guys. It really shows now that keppinger is out of the lineup.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

The only reason they score via the long ball is because they are so poor at getting on base. If this team had more guys on base, they would score more runs. This team puts together terrible at bats and Dusty's hack (don't base clog) philosiphy is leading to the runs not scoring. Dunn and Phillips, and to a lesser extent , Jr, Edwin, and Votto have found a way to drive runners in from 3rd base when contact means a run. The problem is the lineup is constructed so badly that guys aren't on base for Dunn and BP to drive them in. The scoring inning is usually the 2nd because Dunn and Phillips get the ball rolling. Even when Dunn was hitting 7th, Edwin and Joey get on base pretty well and Dunn was driving them home. How many time on this road trip has Dunn came to the plate in an RBI situation? I can only think of 3 and he either drove in the run or walked... If guys were on base this team would score.

Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    The Reds can only score via the long ball. Until they change the makeup of the team, they will continue to play softball.
    It must have been a long time, because for as long as I can remember the Reds have relied on the long ball. At least dating back to the year Junior became a Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    Wrong, Wrong, Wrong!

The only reason they score via the long ball is because they are so poor at getting on base. If this team had more guys on base, they would score more runs. This team puts together terrible at bats and Dusty's hack (don't base clog) philosiphy is leading to the runs not scoring. Dunn and Phillips, and to a lesser extent , Jr, Edwin, and Votto have found a way to drive runners in from 3rd base when contact means a run. The problem is the lineup is constructed so badly that guys aren't on base for Dunn and BP to drive them in. The scoring inning is usually the 2nd because Dunn and Phillips get the ball rolling. Even when Dunn was hitting 7th, Edwin and Joey get on base pretty well and Dunn was driving them home. How many time on this road trip has Dunn came to the plate in an RBI situation? I can only think of 3 and he either drove in the run or walked... If guys were on base this team would score.
    You proved my point! If guys don't get on, then you have to hit the long ball to score.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by aerontg View Post
    It must have been a long time, because for as long as I can remember the Reds have relied on the long ball. At least dating back to the year Junior became a Red.
    And since Junior has been a Red they have been bad. The year before Jr. they had a fast team that played good defense and won 96 games.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    And since Junior has been a Red they have been bad. The year before Jr. they had a fast team that played good defense and won 96 games.
    The Reds pitching then wasnt that good anyway... Who was the Big Winner that year? Pete Harnisch?

When did the Reds decide that guys with .300 batting averages aren't necessary? Was it after Larkin left?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

The Reds were not a bad team in 2000.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    When did the Reds decide that guys with .300 batting averages aren't necessary? Was it after Larkin left?
    You're right, the Reds can't hit or pitch, but at least they make up for it with poor defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    The Reds were not a bad team in 2000.
    True, but then they ran Trader Jack out of town and they were terrible.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

True, but then they ran Trader Jack out of town and they were terrible.
    And remember who was behind Jack's firing? Remember who left the team before the last game was over? "I'm taking my ball and going home" Griffey and Larkin. Larkin was a clubhouse sore and Griffey is a cancer. Good riddance when he is gone.
    Huh? Huh-uh. Oh yeah, uh-huh.

i'd just like to say that Doc is an idiot, and i hate even listening to his show, it's bad in a way that not many shows with interesting topics are.

Turn Off Ads?