Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baker suspended two games

Baker suspended two games

I have yet to find this on any of the usual suspects: Fay, Rosecrans, etc., but I just got a text alert from MLB.com that said:

Reds manager Dusty Baker has been suspended two games for inappropriate actions during Thursday's game. His suspension will begin tonight.
    ----

Obviously, I can't show all of you my phone, but this is fact, according to MLB.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks
    I'm convinced Jay Bruce could homer every single time up the rest of the spring and cure cancer in his spare time and still not make the team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baker suspended two games

i got it too just momets ago
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

Still nothing on the web yet, nothing even on mlb.com!
    Quote Originally Posted by Natty Redlocks
    I'm convinced Jay Bruce could homer every single time up the rest of the spring and cure cancer in his spare time and still not make the team.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

He wont be missed.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...PT04/305230094

Cincinnati Reds manager Dusty Baker has been suspended for two games and fined an undisclosed amount after making contact with umpire Eric Cooper Thursday night.

The incident happened during the seventh inning of Cincinnati's game against the San Diego Padres.

Baker’s suspension is scheduled to begin tonight, when the Reds continue their series against the Padres.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Any chance that means Junior will be out of the #2 or #3 hole and down to the 5, 6 or 7 where he belongs? Or will Dusty still make out the lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Any chance that means Junior will be out of the #2 or #3 hole and down to the 5, 6 or 7 where he belongs? Or will Dusty still make out the lineup?
    I think "Dudepick" still makes out the Lineup card, then the appointed Manager makes the moves during the Game.

i dont believe they showed contact last night during the game. The incident happened inbetween innings and during a commercial break.

What a crock.!

Did the umpire get suspended for egging a player on by staring him down the entire time he walked out to his position! I cant stand chump power hungry umpires.

That's terrible. The umpire was looking to throw Edwin out. Dusty was just sticking up for him. Sometimes MLB needs to take a look at the umpire before the player/manager.

Players have a union, and are able to fight any suspension; so it's much easier for MLB to just suspend a manager who cannot fight it, as they don't have a union.

Justice served, in their eyes.

Complete and utter BS! You can say what you want about Dusty (I like him btw), but that certainly doesn't deserve a suspension. Crazy!!!

What happens if the Reds win the NEXT 2 Games.... What will Redszone do then?

got alil captain in u?

Wow that's a huge suprise. I didn't see any contact when i saw it on tv last nite. Definately a big overreaction by home late ump eric cooper last nite in tossing edwin. How in the heck did he hear edwin say something while taking ground balls if edwin is that soft spoken.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    This isnt meant personal because alot of us feel like you.
    However I think we place alot of this on Dusty when in all actuality, I doubt there would be very many managers at all that would do that right now.
    Now the Patterson issue is a different story but as far as Jr, most managers would probably still bat him third.(with our current lineup I mean)

Lucky Dusty, I'd rather spend the next couple days at the beach then watching a dead from the neck up ball team. Where's our Roy Hobbes, that's right, he's winning the triple crown in Texas.

Turn Off Ads?