Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Baker suspended two games

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Lucky Dusty, I'd rather spend the next couple days at the beach then watching a dead from the neck up ball team. Where's our Roy Hobbes, that's right, he's winning the triple crown in Texas.
    Where would our rotation be without Volquez. That is all.

    Any chance Dusty not going to appeal? Would like to have him gone 2 games we could honestly win, so he doesnt have an oppertunity to screw it up.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    841

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    It's laughable that people actually think a starting pitcher is more valuable than someone winning the triple crown right now. It's absurd really.

  4. #18
    1st pick 2022 B.B. draft George Foster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ky
    Posts
    5,934

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    That's terrible. The umpire was looking to throw Edwin out. Dusty was just sticking up for him. Sometimes MLB needs to take a look at the umpire before the player/manager.

    Bumping the ump was the excuse used to suspend him. He "really" got suspended for drop-kicking his hat...IMO...
    Not this year...maybe a Wild Card

  5. #19
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,652

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    That is such a crock. The umpires have been HORRIBLE all season for just about every single team in a lot of different ways. I'm fed up with them all ready and I hate that there's nothing anyone can do about it. :thumbdown
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

  6. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,155

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    It's laughable that people actually think a starting pitcher is more valuable than someone winning the triple crown right now. It's absurd really.
    What exactly did our team do with one of the best offenses and the worst pitching staff this century? 7 losing seasons.

    Good pitching will always beat good hitting.

  7. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    655

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    What exactly did our team do with one of the best offenses and the worst pitching staff this century? 7 losing seasons.

    Good pitching will always beat good hitting.
    exactly...we'll see where hamilton is at the end of the year..he might lead in RBI's..about it.

  8. #22
    Member joshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,029

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    exactly...we'll see where hamilton is at the end of the year..he might lead in RBI's..about it.
    Exactly. How many wins would that give us?
    Volquez will have an awesome amount of W's by the end of the season.
    I'm sick of Hamilton being brought up constantly by people looking to place blame on the ballclub. Volquez is the better bet in the long run. He's the top pitcher in the entire league right now and he's still really young and can get better and better. not only does he look amazing, but having that low of an ERA with THIS defense is absolutely incredible!

  9. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,174

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    It's laughable that people actually think a starting pitcher is more valuable than someone winning the triple crown right now. It's absurd really.
    A starting pitcher that has pitched at the caliber that Volquez has (walks and all) is worth it at this point.

    7-1, 1.34ERA, 74K/32BB, 2HR

    Those stats are incredible.

    He may have been effectively wild so far, but it has been really effective.

  10. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    Let me say this. Hamilton is awesome. Volquez is awesome.

    I hated the trade because of Volquez History when it went down. I still don't like the trade because I think Volquez, with his near 1-10 record could have been had for a lot less than our Great "Diamond in the Rough" Josh Hamilton...

    Wayne Krivisky did a Great job of getting EV evaluated, but gee, I don't know... At the time, Hamiltons Numbers were far superior in his limited playing time, than Volquez's numbers at the same time. So I feel that we are just Lucky to have EV pitching this good.

  11. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    539

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Let me say this. Hamilton is awesome. Volquez is awesome.

    I hated the trade because of Volquez History when it went down. I still don't like the trade because I think Volquez, with his near 1-10 record could have been had for a lot less than our Great "Diamond in the Rough" Josh Hamilton...

    Wayne Krivisky did a Great job of getting EV evaluated, but gee, I don't know... At the time, Hamiltons Numbers were far superior in his limited playing time, than Volquez's numbers at the same time. So I feel that we are just Lucky to have EV pitching this good.
    Its not as if Hamilton was a lock to produce either. I don't want to go say he might go back to his old ways but on top of that had an injury plagued first season. Yes, his numbers were good but it was also over a small sample size.

  12. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    Its not as if Hamilton was a lock to produce either. I don't want to go say he might go back to his old ways but on top of that had an injury plagued first season. Yes, his numbers were good but it was also over a small sample size.
    Yeah but 19 Homers in like 275 Ab's?

    Volquez numbers pretty much well sucked... (major league numbers)

  13. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    726

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    That's terrible. The umpire was looking to throw Edwin out. Dusty was just sticking up for him. Sometimes MLB needs to take a look at the umpire before the player/manager.
    Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. With "Dude-Pick" gone, the chances of winning go up considerably. He's a horrible in-game manager.

  14. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Weatherford, Texas
    Posts
    2,125

    Re: Baker suspended two games

    Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23 View Post
    Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. With "Dude-Pick" gone, the chances of winning go up considerably. He's a horrible in-game manager.
    Yeah, how much ya wanna bet the Reds win tonight with "Dudepick" locked up again?

    I agree they may be better off with him serving H2O


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25