Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Homer Bailey

Homer Bailey

Everyone has been saying that Homer has a Bad Attitude and his attitude is keeping him down in the minors... But he is throwing 93-95?

I wonder if he is a competitor, then maybe a Start in the Big Leagues would make him appriciate his time here, and then he would be successfull?

If the guy is throwing 93-95? Wow, why can't they have him Start a few games to see what happens...

I would Love to see Harang, Arroyo, Volquez, Cueto, and Bailey pitch in the Rotation. Even if Bailey were to struggle like Cueto has. Atleast it is exciting to have these guys up here pitching for the Big Club. Establishing themselves for the future.

I just wonder the more mental damage leaving Homer in the minors will do to him?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer Bailey

There are a ton of guys in the minors that can throw 93-95. There are more guys in the minors that throw 95+ than are in the majors. You need more than that. If hes too soft to take a little minor league action when he hasnt deserved a MLB spot then no hes not a competitor and doesnt have the mindset to be a great pitcher.

Worrying about the mental damage done to Homer? This isnt youth soccer. Maybe Homer just needs some orange slices in between innings.

Location, location, location.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Quit trying to hand the kid a major league job. Make him earn it like everybody else. And attitude and work ethic are a big reason for making it to the big leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Quit trying to hand the kid a major league job. Make him earn it like everybody else. And attitude and work ethic are a big reason for making it to the big leagues.
    I agree. I don't care how much potential he has, I'd like to see him put down the hunting magazines and start working on his location before he gets a call-up. I think Homer will eventually be a regular in the rotation for a long time, but let's make him earn it.
    Here's to another record-breaking season from Adam Dunn ...another 40 homeruns (all coming with nothing on the line) and 200 Ks! We Want King Jay!!

We know nothing of his work ethic that is not third-hand information.

Looks like Daryl Thompson is going to get a promotion to AAA. The pressure is going to be on DT, Homer, and Matt Maloney to see who gets the next call up.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Alls I am saying is Have Dick Pole tell Homer the same thing he told Belisle... Be a man, suck it up, and get some outs...

I would much rather have Bailey K-ing people then Belisle soft tossing....

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Alls I am saying is Have Dick Pole tell Homer the same thing he told Belisle... Be a man, suck it up, and get some outs...

Bailey's stuff isnt really much better than Belisles, unless you read into the hype

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post

Terry Reynolds basically said this, but I don't know if he said it directly to Homer.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

I'm still sticking to the idea of doing to Homer what Texas did to Volquez. It would be the ultimate gut check for bailey and if he got through it he would probably be a better pitcher for it.

Turn Off Ads?