Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dusty is back!!! (5/25)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: What do you think of this quote?

You simply don't put Mike "Launching Pad" Lincoln and Matt Belisle in games that you expect or want to win. It's antithetical.

I'm tired of posting about those two. It's blatantly obvious that they're both horrible pitchers and do not belong on a major league roster, which is why they're Cincinnati Reds.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dusty is going to try and get through the whole game just with pitchers that don't belong on a major league team. Corey Patterson will be coming in to the game in the 7th to face Giles and Gonzo.

way to go lincoln?

Re: Dusty is back!!! (5/25)

Quote Originally Posted by NarrowStairs View Post
    Dusty would be a good bench coach -- good for player morale. But when it comes to in-game decisions --- I hope he dies.
    The thought of Patterson leading off makes me want to vomit just as bad as anybody else (and I realize you are exaggerating), but that is a little much, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Patterson goes 0-4, Hairston makes an error.

Dusty trys to sqeeze Junior home with Dunn at bat.
    So far, so good. Has Dusty tried to squeeze Junior home, yet with Dunn at bat?

It's bad when you want your leadoff hitter to get to the plate to make the last out to make sure he doesn't lead off the next inning. It's like a pitcher hitting up there.

Pack your bags and clean out your locker, Patterson.

Hitting under .140 since April 10th w/ no walks in May in about 60 PA's.

Make it 0-6. I would say see ya Corey, but sending him packing would be a sensible decision, something this management does very little of.

Not to nitpick, but I get sick and tired of seeing Junior treated like he can still field his position. There's no reason to remove Dunn from the game any more than there is to remove Junior. At this point in their careers, Dunn is a better fielder. He covers a lot more ground. There's no reason for Dusty not to have moved Hairston to RF and left Janish in to play SS in the bottom of the 10th instead of leaving two player who are extremely poor at their positions to field them in Janish at SS and Junior in RF.

It's like watching Indiana Jones (Junior) in Right Field at this point in Jones' career.

Josh Fogg.... Pass the Advil.

*headdesk* *headdesk*

Foxfire

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Not to nitpick, but I get sick and tired of seeing Junior treated like he can still field his position. There's no reason to remove Dunn from the game any more than there is to remove Junior. At this point in their careers, Dunn is a better fielder. He covers a lot more ground. There's no reason for Dusty not to have moved Hairston to RF and left Janish in to play SS in the bottom of the 10th instead of leaving two player who are extremely poor at their positions to field them in Janish at SS and Junior in RF.

It's like watching Indiana Jones (Junior) in Right Field at this point in Jones' career.
    Junior is far and away the worst player at fielding his position on the Reds (well, neck and neck with David Ross :thumbdown).

Ken Griffey Junior is a negative influence on this club. He can't hit and he turns more outs into hits and more singles into doubles and triples than any player on the team.

Really, it's like watching Harrison Ford do Indiana Jone's again. I loved the movie, but, my God, he is old.

Not to mention he does the reverse when he's the one on the basepaths.

Hey does anyone know why Votto was sat against Maddux? The guy had a helk of a Game yesterday and now DuDepick sits him????

What the???
    Last edited by Hondo; 05-25-2008 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Hey does anyone know why Votto was sat against Maddux? The guy had a helk of a Game yesterday and now Dusepick sits him????

What the???
    Valentin was 8 for 24 lifetime with 4 home runs vs Maddux before the game.

Turn Off Ads?