Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Game Thread Policy

Re: New Game Thread Policy

Does this mean we'll get MORE CE PBP? (My favorite part of GTs, btw)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Does this mean we'll get MORE CE PBP? (My favorite part of GTs, btw)
    If his answer isn't yes, he's fired.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    It can work, if people treat others with respect and stop instigating fights with one another. That's really the only reason we're here, I don't feel we're asking much of anyone. We've stated the new policies, and really they are not much different than what you agree to when you sign up for redszone. The bottom line is the game threads weren't working, and need extra moderation. I understand the emotion of a game thread is going to lead to some "less than stellar" responses, I've been guilty of it in the past myself, I'm personally not going to punish people for "one word" reponses unless they are profane or people start complaining about them.

I think what we are trying to get across, is that the rules have now been clearly stated and are not hard to follow. If you don't understand something, feel free to ask one of us, as it is near impossible to cover EVERYTHING in the grey areas. Now here comes the part that people seem to be struggling with, and I can see how it comes across as rude, is that the game threads were closed for a reason, they were a mess and people were warned. Now the warnings are over, so those that feel they cannot abide by the rules may be better off not posting in there at all, for their own sake if nothing else. I am here to be part of the solution, and am honored to do so, so if ANY of you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask me.

WV...there is hope. Just give it/us a chance.
    TJ, I was referring to the rude snipy comment to 37 Red from Redleg Jake. Others agree with me. It's comments like that I was hoping to get rid of.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    I'm personally not going to punish people for "one word" reponses unless they are profane or people start complaining about them.
    No one should be punished for them just because other posters on the GT might not like it and thus complain about them. Respectfully, that is not included in the stated rules, and is not a sound guideline. You can't have some mods saying they have no problem with one word posts and won't take action as long as they don't directly violate forum policy... and then on the other hand say you'll issue out punishment if enough complain about them.

That, IMHO, is way to arbitrary and conflicting.

One doesn't issue punishment based on complaints; but only on stated rules violations.

The rules have been properly and openly stated. And IMHO, seem very reasonable and fair.

Again, you mods have a very tough job to do with this HUGE diverse crowd of MPDs.

The GTs needed more frequent and better moderation. And when I say "better moderation", please, don't any of the other mods think that is being said as a slight on your job performance. It wasn't. Only that you were too few for too many. You have lives outside of this forum and needed to increase your numbers.

Also.... are these guys going to have mod powers in chat also? Because I don't want to get booted for calling TommyJohn or RedlegJake pinheads in chat!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    We've spent alot of time discussing this, hashing and re-hashing to come up with a plan that brings back game threads yet keeps them from becoming page after page of bickering so they can be enjoyable to all and an asset to the board.

Guys we want to hear from y'all. This is your chance to vent, just to let us know we're knuckleheads or that you're on board.
    we do want your input and thoughts.

Don't be shy. Let er rip.
    Without seeming too rude, I'd remind you that you don't have to post in the GTs. If the moderation here seems too draconian, please feel free to post at Cincy.com.

ANY moderation on any board is a judgement call.
    Obvisously it can still use some work

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You can't have some mods saying they have no problem with one word posts and won't take action as long as they don't directly violate forum policy... and then on the other hand say you'll issue out punishment if enough complain about them.
    One word posts aren't technically against any of the rules.

When one-word posts (e.g. "Pathetic!" or "Ridiculous!" etc.) are repeated excessively, they begin to violate Rule #5: Trolling and General Nuisance posting.

Part of what makes something a "nuisance" is when it drives people to complain about it. I'm not saying that's the sole criterion for determining when a poster is warned or bounced from the GT, but if someone is causing general nuisance to the GT forum and other people are complaining, I'm not going to sit back and just let things happen.

And seriously, are we really fighting about this? How many one-word posts does ANYONE make in a given day/game thread? Let's all back up and have a tad bit of perspective here.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    TJ, I was referring to the rude snipy comment to 37 Red from Redleg Jake. Others agree with me. It's comments like that I was hoping to get rid of.
    I have noticed some of what you are expressing here WV, careless comments, imflammatory with provocative intent, or just plain poor communication skills.

No one should be punished for them just because other posters on the GT might not like it and thus complain about them. Respectfully, that is not included in the stated rules, and is not a sound guideline.
    You're correct Greg, there are far too many personal biases belonging to the micro factions within the aggregate of the Redszone members.

Well, you asked for concrete examples of what we don't want to see. I supplied a textbook example of posting before thinking.

Had I taken a moment to extract my foot from my mouth I might have made a better job of explaining it - like CE and Tommyjohn did. They said what I meant.

Y'all were right to call me on it. I stand chastened. Well, I sit chastened. And yes, I still want to hear the vents and concerns.

Jake

No one should be punished for them just because other posters on the GT might not like it and thus complain about them. Respectfully, that is not included in the stated rules, and is not a sound guideline. You can't have some mods saying they have no problem with one word posts and won't take action as long as they don't directly violate forum policy... and then on the other hand say you'll issue out punishment if enough complain about them.

That, IMHO, is way to arbitrary and conflicting.

I get where you're coming from GAC. I guess my assumption is that people won't complain about them unless they are in violation of a rule is some way, such as excessive bashing or offensive etc...obviously if someone complains it will be reviewed, meaning there won't be a "knee jerk" reaction so to speak. The complaint must be a valid one, I think it just may seem conflicting to some since everyones definintion of "excessive" may be different. That's why we have a team here, to determine what is valid, it is the cross we have chosen to bear.

I appreciate the feedback GAC and others, please continue to express your concerns/questions and we'll do our best to address them.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

P.S. ...... OK. Everyone, IMHO, needs to take the night off and chill out. We all need our beauty sleep because we have a double header tomorrow of Dusty Baker lineups.

All the moderator's attempts here were good and well intentioned. So lets not any of us try to misconstrue that, and try to "read between the lines".

The bottomline is (and we all agree)..... the GTs needed more moderation. And Moderation is good. Unless you're in chat!

Can we at least wait till the GTs are re-instituted and see what problems may arise before we all start complaining? It will be a period of trial and error.

Just remember one thing.....

These moderators had nothing to do with the hiring of Dusty Baker.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Also.... are these guys going to have mod powers in chat also? Because I don't want to get booted for calling TommyJohn or RedlegJake pinheads in chat!

I may ban you for not coming up with something better than "pinhead".

I kiiiid...I kiiiddd.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Pinhead would be an improvement on some of the things I've been called But then my wife has certain latitude.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Well, you asked for concrete examples of what we don't want to see. I supplied a textbook example of posting before thinking.

Had I taken a moment to extract my foot from my mouth I might have made a better job of explaining it - like CE and Tommyjohn did. They said what I meant.

Y'all were right to call me on it. I stand chastened. Well, I sit chastened. And yes, I still want to hear the vents and concerns.

Jake
    No, no, it was good that it found it's way into the discussion as a help aid, I think.

Honestly, I was thinking the same as you are expressing above, it was like we were role playing an example in real time. To me it was like a bit of a case study and we learn from it that we are all human.

I don't see that as a negative.

Just remember one thing.....

These moderators had nothing to do with the hiring of Dusty Baker.
    Are you sure? Do you have empircal facts to support that?

Okay then I will go back into hybernation and shut up.

Turn Off Ads?