Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Draft Picks, College Tournament

Re: Top Draft Picks, College Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    According to today's BA chat, Recknagel will be a 6-10 round pick.
    What has changed to make him go from undrafted to 6-10 round? BTW, I think he hurt his elbow or wrist this weekend...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    What has changed to make him go from undrafted to 6-10 round? BTW, I think he hurt his elbow or wrist this weekend...
    They're just recognizing that they were wrong to begin with and they are still wrong by having him so far down in the Rounds.

I don't know how the injury will effect his draft status, but I'm sure they're going to try to get some more information about him before making the pick.

Nate Recknagel, the University of Michigan baseball team's top hitter, suffered an injury to his left arm this morning and will not return any time soon.

In the sixth inning of Saturday morning's resumed game between Michigan and Kentucky, Recknagel had to make a catch into an oncoming runner at first base and immediately left the game clutching his left hand.

"Nate is injured and will be out," Michigan coach Rich Maloney said. "That's all I can say."

The Wolverines held on for a 7-5 win over Kentucky to move into a 7 p.m. matchup against top-seeded Arizona. The winner of that game moves into Sunday night's championship in the double-elimination regional.

When Recknagel, who was later seen in the dugout with his left arm in a sling, went out, sophomore Mike Dufek replaced him. Dufek has played regularly this season as a sophomore.

Maloney will have a few hours to figure out how to juggle his lineup with his top hitter no longer available to bat third.

Michigan lost to Kentucky today and was eliminated. Putnam did what he could, homering yesterday to get the team within a run and then hitting a 3-run homer today, but Michigan's starting pitching today was very poor. Arizona plays Kentucky later, and is my pick to win the College World Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    They're just recognizing that they were wrong to begin with and they are still wrong by having him so far down in the Rounds.
    BA was right and I was wrong about Big-Ten Player-of-the-Year Recknagel. 6 rounds are done and he hasn't been selected, yet. I'm really surprised.

Michigan's Zach Putnam was taken at the end of the 5th Round by Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    BA was right and I was wrong about Big-Ten Player-of-the-Year Recknagel. 6 rounds are done and he hasn't been selected, yet. I'm really surprised.

Michigan's Zach Putnam was taken at the end of the 5th Round by Cleveland.
    Thanks for the update. Let me know if/when he gets drafted, please...

Thanks for the update. Let me know if/when he gets drafted, please...
    He went 591st to Cleveland
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    He went 591st to Cleveland
    Is that like the 18th round or so?

Is that like the 18th round or so?
    I haven't seen an update about his wrist injury, btw.

Turn Off Ads?