Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 368

Thread: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

  1. #181
    Member 11larkin11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bellefontaine,OH
    Posts
    2,332

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Doesn't SD need a CF? Think theres any chance we can throw them Patterson, one of our catchers, and a decent prospect for Bard or a lesser Patterson deal for Barrett?
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

    ---TRF

    "I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

    --Bronson Arroyo

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #182
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,429

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    So we should see results then soon, right?

    Then we shall see.
    Not if Dusty insists on Griffey in RF and Hairston at SS...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  4. #183
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,429

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    So we should see results then soon, right?

    Then we shall see.
    More of a point that the Reds pitching staff is doing fine, its the defense that is causing them to look bad.

  5. #184
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,983

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    They are not outperforming the Reds pitchers--they just have a better defense behind them...
    Their defense is not so much better than the Reds as to brook 45 fewer runs allowed.

  6. #185
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,429

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Look at it this way: the Reds lead the league in strikeouts. Yet they have the worst team defense. What more can the pitchers do to limit the effects of the defense and allow less runs? The only possible anwser is less home runs, which is mostly a symptom of their home park, and less walks, which haven't been too much of a problem considering their inexperience...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  7. #186
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,429

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Their defense is not so much better than the Reds as to brook 45 fewer runs allowed.
    I believe they have the best fielding in the league while the Reds have the worst. It's got to be close to those 45 runs...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  8. #187
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,983

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Look at it this way: the Reds lead the league in strikeouts. Yet they have the worst team defense. What more can the pitchers do to limit the effects of the defense and allow less runs? The only possible anwser is less home runs, which is mostly a symptom of their home park, and less walks, which haven't been too much of a problem considering their inexperience...
    I don't think Cueto's HR problems have anything to do with GABP.

  9. #188
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,983

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I believe they have the best fielding in the league while the Reds have the worst. It's got to be close to those 45 runs...
    Really?

    45 runs over 50 something games.

  10. #189
    Member SirFelixCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    5,953

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Yay!!!

  11. #190
    Playoffs Cyclone792's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,271

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Look at it this way: the Reds lead the league in strikeouts. Yet they have the worst team defense. What more can the pitchers do to limit the effects of the defense and allow less runs? The only possible anwser is less home runs, which is mostly a symptom of their home park, and less walks, which haven't been too much of a problem considering their inexperience...
    Better luck.

    You're starting to identify bad luck with bad defense. The Reds defense is pretty below average, but it's not as bad as it's being made out to be.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

    Put an end to the Lost Decade.

  12. #191
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,429

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Their defense is not so much better than the Reds as to brook 45 fewer runs allowed.
    The only positions the Reds and Cardinals are even close defensively is CF and 2B. Everywhere else the Cardinals have far superior fielders. I think it makes a much bigger impact than you want to admit.

  13. #192
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,983

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The only positions the Reds and Cardinals are even close defensively is CF and 2B. Everywhere else the Cardinals have far superior fielders. I think it makes a much bigger impact than you want to admit.
    But pretty much nowhere near 45 runs in 50 + games.

  14. #193
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,429

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    But pretty much nowhere near 45 runs in 50 + games.
    Without running the numbers, I would bet its close to at least 30 runs to this point in the season.

  15. #194
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    24,983

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Without running the numbers, I would bet its close to at least 30 runs to this point in the season.
    Nonsense.

  16. #195
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,429

    Re: Jay Bruce called up!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Better luck.

    You're starting to identify bad luck with bad defense. The Reds defense is pretty below average, but it's not as bad as it's being made out to be.
    So, you think the Reds have been vitims of really poor luck so far?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25