Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Shearn also to Korea?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Tom Shearn also to Korea?

Someone mentioned in the game thread that the announcers talked about Tom Shearn going to Korea to pitch and it was brushed off as a mix up with Lehr.... well over at my site a guy who runs a Korean baseball website wants information on both Lehr and Shearn as from what I can make out from his English that is quite poor, they are both heading to Korea to pitch. Anyone know if Shearn is indeed heading to Korea along with Lehr?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Tom Shearn also to Korea?

Just looked at the Bats roster and Shearn is no longer on the roster....

I just checked the Bats roster, Shearn is gone.

Hmm.....very interesting indeed.

Shearn is gone to Korea from what I read somewhere. Reds are selling off everyone.

Good. Thanks to Tommy for being a proud member of this organization, but he's a career Minor leaguer. Best of luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Good. Thanks to Tommy for being a proud member of this organization, but he's a career Minor leaguer. Best of luck to him.
    Indeed - he's gotta look out for #1 - his family. Go where the money is while you still can.

Not sure Shearn's a career minor leaguer, at least if Matt Belisle is to be regarded a major leaguer. But he's been a good organizational soldier and I wish him all the best. I'm glad to see him get the opportunity in Korea (or wherever) but I'm more glad to see that Jocketty seems to be reshaping the minor league assignments with an eye toward moving prospects along and, even more important, rewarding performance. Now if he'll follow through on that and DFA Patterson, Belisle, and Fogg, we can begin to think that a new culture of success is being instituted in the organization--and that would be really welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Not sure Shearn's a career minor leaguer, at least if Matt Belisle is to be regarded a major leaguer. But he's been a good organizational soldier and I wish him all the best. I'm glad to see him get the opportunity in Korea (or wherever) but I'm more glad to see that Jocketty seems to be reshaping the minor league assignments with an eye toward moving prospects along and, even more important, rewarding performance. Now if he'll follow through on that and DFA Patterson, Belisle, and Fogg, we can begin to think that a new culture of success is being instituted in the organization--and that would be really welcome.
    With Lehr and Shearn gone you can't really DFA Belisle and Fogg. Where are the starters going to come from? Bailey and Maloney would be the only two MLB ready starters.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Not sure Shearn's a career minor leaguer, at least if Matt Belisle is to be regarded a major leaguer.
    THere's a world of difference betwen the propsective chances of Belisle and Shearn's ability to be contributing major league pitchers.

Beginning the end of denial in this organization should start, IMHO, with recognition that Matt Belisle will never be a competent major league starter.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Beginning the end of denial in this organization should start, IMHO, with recognition that Matt Belisle will never be a competent major league starter.
    He was in 2007.

Maybe he was average or just barely above VORP, but he was and he did it at the major league minimum.

This is from Fay it is official Shern is headed to Korea with Lehr:

Right-hander Tom Shearn, like Justin Lehr, had his contract sold to Doosan Bears of the Korean League. The paperwork may still be incomplete. But it's a done deal. Shearn and Lehr had outs in their contracts if they were offered deals with the Korean League.

"Lehr had it in writing," said Terry Reynolds, the Reds' director of player development. "Shearn had a verbal."

I got an email from Korean blogger about this a couple of days ago, but with Bruce stuff I forgot to check it out. If you can read Korean, here's the details: http://blog.naver.com/quixote80

Shearn, 30, went 3-0 with a 4.96 ERA for the Reds last year in first major league after 11 years in the minors. He's a great guy. It's probably going to hard to keep up with Ohio State football over there, however.

The Reds promoted Daryl Thompson and Ramon Ramirez from Chattanooga to Louisville. Thompson starts tonight's game for the Bats.

Anyone have any idea how much jack these guys get from the Korean league?

Turn Off Ads?