Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Does Anyone Own A Pinball Machine?

Does Anyone Own A Pinball Machine?

I am thinking about purchasing a used pinball machine. I was just needing some suggestions on what "red flags" I should look for while looking at one. I would of course try it out.

Are they easy to maintain? (Certain parts have to remain clean etc)

Is it easy to find a service company to fix it if it breaks down?

Thanks,
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Does Anyone Own A Pinball Machine?

* BUMP *

I own a 1979 Gottleib Incredible Hulk Machine. I've had it about 7 years.
    Like anything, you get what you pay for. You can spend $100 on nuts and bolts or go with one of the newer ones for upwards of $10,000.

I've had little to no trouble with mine. Just a few burnt out bulbs, here and there. It takes a beating from my 2 year old daughter and young nephews, and holds up really well.

If you want to start in on the ground floor and get to know an easier system, I'd suggest going with something from the late 70's to early 90's. Anything from 1976 or before was done with rotary scroring and few electronics. In 1977 they went digital. One of the biggest things to worry about is flaking of the backglass, or 1988 and so on, plexiglass or plastic. You can put some special coating over them to last longer.

I found mine at a great site that I recomend which is roughly an online want ads for pinball machines...

http://www.xmission.com/~daina/classified/

Thanks for the information.

Turn Off Ads?