Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Changing of the the guard........

Changing of the the guard........

I don't think there is any question that Castellini trusts Jocketty more than Krivsky. The sending down of Corey Patterson speaks volumes towards this, and it makes me wonder who much Jocketty trusts Baker. Patterson goes from starting CF to AAA CF in less than a week? I think the power struggle for control of the team is over, and Jocketty is getting what he wants.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Changing of the the guard........

Yeah, only it was reported that Patterson requested to go to AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I don't think there is any question that Castellini trusts Jocketty more than Krivsky. The sending down of Corey Patterson speaks volumes towards this, and it makes me wonder who much Jocketty trusts Baker. Patterson goes from starting CF to AAA CF in less than a week? I think the power struggle for control of the team is over, and Jocketty is getting what he wants.
    I wasn't happy when Krivsky got fired and replaced by Jocketty. Not because Krivsky's performance as a GM was outstanding (he did some good, he did some bad) and not because I didn't think that Jocketty could do a good job (look at St. Louis during his tenure). What I didn't like was seeing another changing of the guard after two seasons - I thought firing Krivsky was bringing more instability. But if Jocketty is truly Castbrenner's man and he gives complete control of the front office such that the chain of command is: owner --> Jocketty --> everyone else, then I'm a happy camper. It brings stability (with no probability of undelings doing end arounds the GM).

Hopefully, by optioning Patterson, it signals that Jocketty will give Baker players he thinks make the team good, not Baker's personal favorites who don't make the Reds any better.
    I'm not a hooligan. I'm a Reds supporter.

Hooray Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRedinCT View Post
    I wasn't happy when Krivsky got fired and replaced by Jocketty. Not because Krivsky's performance as a GM was outstanding (he did some good, he did some bad) and not because I didn't think that Jocketty could do a good job (look at St. Louis during his tenure). What I didn't like was seeing another changing of the guard after two seasons - I thought firing Krivsky was bringing more instability. But if Jocketty is truly Castbrenner's man and he gives complete control of the front office such that the chain of command is: owner --> Jocketty --> everyone else, then I'm a happy camper. It brings stability (with no probability of undelings doing end arounds the GM).

Hopefully, by optioning Patterson, it signals that Jocketty will give Baker players he thinks make the team good, not Baker's personal favorites who don't make the Reds any better.
    Agree wholeheartedly. It should send a signal, that the FO runs teh team, and not Baker. That's a very good thing IMO, and it's how it should be.

Walt Jocketty has still done NOTHING to better this team. If Wayne was still here, Bruce would be up and CP would be down by now. Their play dictated these moves, not Walt. These are still WKs guys.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    Walt Jocketty has still done NOTHING to better this team. If Wayne was still here, Bruce would be up and CP would be down by now. Their play dictated these moves, not Walt. These are still WKs guys.
    I think you're wrong. WK stated he didn't want CP, but was told by Castellini to get him. Castellini and Baker were trumping WK. I'm hoping Castellini has given Jocketty free reign, and that Jocketty realizes what he's got in Votto, Bruce, Cueto, Volquez, etc.

I think you're wrong. WK stated he didn't want CP, but was told by Castellini to get him. Castellini and Baker were trumping WK. I'm hoping Castellini has given Jocketty free reign, and that Jocketty realizes what he's got in Votto, Bruce, Cueto, Volquez, etc.
    That or EVEN DUSTY & CAST realized that CP wasn't going to cut it. It all just took time to play out. IMO, Wayne didn't CP because he knew that CP wasn't the answer. I guess we'll never know.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

I agree with you totally, and I also think that if Corey Patterson was only given a minor league deal, or like a 500,000 Major league contract, that it would not have been that big of a deal... Other than the fact that Dusty was running him out there in the lead off position night after night, beating a DEAD Horse...

All I can say is that I feel better with Bruce up here and CP down in triple AAA. Apparently Cory asked to be demoted to work on his swing. But we all know KGJ and Dunn weren't going to sit, and Bruce isn't either. So it's all kind of a moot point. Cory knew he would be sitting the pine and he might as well go somewhere he can play everyday and work on "things". If nothing else, he finds his form, puts up good triple AAA numbers and maybe some team with a need comes calling for him.

Turn Off Ads?