Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Homer pitched well last night, Thompson well tonight

Homer pitched well last night, Thompson well tonight

The Bats had strong outings from Homer last night and Thompson in his AAA debut tonight. Could one of them be pushing for some time with the Reds in the next week or so. Fogg has to go far far away.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer pitched well last night, Thompson well tonight

I agree. I'd say Belise gets at least 1 if not 2 starts and he blows up either one the Reds might consider a call up. Reds have some real momentum right now and I like the last couple of moves. I can see Fogg gone, Belise to the pen, and one of these 2 starters. Is Lehr still in AAA?

I saw the Ramirez kid pitch on Monday. He has a weird windup, but he can throw some juice. He is only 25 and Monday was his first appearance at AAA. He would have started, but Mercker started the game to pitch one inning.

That means the Reds have gotten rid of two 30 plus aged pitchers and brought up young guys 25 or less. The starting rotation at AAA is very young...Homer, Maloney, Thompson, Ramirez and I am not sure who the fifth starter is.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Reds have never had this much young talent through out the organization at pitcher. I'm loving it. Also, loving it that we might just get the last laugh on the Kearns lopez trade. Especially considering Bray looks like he might be solid in the pen. I mean Austin Kearns would be a 4/5 OF on this team. For sure not starting. Lopez. We have 3 guys better then him and maybe 4 at SS right now. Hairston jr. is still rockin

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I'm hoping Maloney won't start tonight in Columbus...I hope they save him for a Saturday start in Cincinnati.

I hope Jocketty isn't done housecleaning.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

The order for call-up's should be:

Maloney
    Bailey
    Thompson

I don't believe it will just be Belisle who may end up out of the rotation. Listening to WFAN the other day they were talking about the Yankees and the Mets looking for arms, a name that came up was Bronson Arroyo. If the young guns keep dealing the Reds will need to clear some room.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I don't believe it will just be Belisle who may end up out of the rotation. Listening to WFAN the other day they were talking about the Yankees and the Mets looking for arms, a name that came up was Bronson Arroyo. If the young guns keep dealing the Reds will need to clear some room.
    I'd love to see Arroyo and a reliever packaged for Heilman/Pelfrey. I think both Heilman and Pelfrey could be excellent if used properly, which means Heilman to the rotation and Pelfrey to the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I'd love to see Arroyo and a reliever packaged for Heilman/Pelfrey. I think both Heilman and Pelfrey could be excellent if used properly, which means Heilman to the rotation and Pelfrey to the bullpen.
    The Mets are great trade partners when they are in panic mode. My guess is that "Panic in Queens" is right around the corner.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

We should keep Thompson in AAA for the same minimum 10 starts we wanted out of Bailey. Ideally, Thompson stays in AAA all year, and competes for a rotation spot in ST.

Bailey and Maloney are guys I would look to call up, maybe after Interleague play is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    The Mets are great trade partners when they are in panic mode. My guess is that "Panic in Queens" is right around the corner.
    actually the panic already seems to have arrived, especially with the recent injuries and continued problems with the rotation. Walt needs to strike while the iron is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    actually the panic already seems to have arrived, especially with the recent injuries and continued problems with the rotation. Walt needs to strike while the iron is hot.
    I am sure if the Mets come calling the Yankees won't be very far behind. I know Cashman is taking some heat for not getting Santanna. Expect them to run hard after C.C Sabathia if Cleveland is out of it. Arroyo will be sitting their as option 2 if that falls through, they won't lose out twice to the Mets.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?