Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jr. needs to man up and asked to be moved down the lineup!

Jr. needs to man up and asked to be moved down the lineup!

I don't know how a player (unless he is monumentally selfish or in complete clinical denial) could keep batting 3rd the way Jr. is and not be embarrassed.

If he is a team player, he will volunteer / demand to be moved down or out of the lineup. His "sweet-swing" ain't coming back to '96 form. It's not gonna happen.

This has moved beyond a baseball thing and into the common courtesy/decency realm.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jr. needs to man up and asked to be moved down the lineup!

How badly did KGJ want to move from CF to RF?

Thats how badly he wants to move down in the lineup.

And therein lies the problem!

It won't happen. KGJ still veiws himself as a 3 holer. Dusty said that KGJ still bats 3rd out of respect. Jr. is hitting the ball well. He's just not going deep.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Last time I checked it was the managers job to fill out the lineup. Maybe we should petition to have this thread changed to "Dusty should man up to his mistake and move JR. down in the Lineup!"
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    Last time I checked it was the managers job to fill out the lineup. Maybe we should petition to have this thread changed to "Dusty should man up to his mistake and move JR. down in the Lineup!"
    I think that is more like it.
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

sorry but junior is hitting the ball hard.. just not always outta the park.. last night he had two line drive singles snared by good plays by both sanchez and laroche.. he is striking out less and at least getting contact.. just right now he is in a slump and dunn is hitting better than he ever has.. dunn will cool down.. and jr will heat back up.. its only a matter of time..

Dunn's doing what he always does.

Griffey hit hard line drives right into the shift. That's why they play that shift, because that's the only place he'll hit the ball. He could hit the ball hard all day, but if it's to one side of the infield that has 3 defenders there, he's not going to do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    sorry but junior is hitting the ball hard.. just not always outta the park.. last night he had two line drive singles snared by good plays by both sanchez and laroche.. he is striking out less and at least getting contact.. just right now he is in a slump and dunn is hitting better than he ever has.. dunn will cool down.. and jr will heat back up.. its only a matter of time..
    If they are playing 3/4 of the team to the right side of the ball park....it doesn't matter if Griffy is hitting it hard or not. He either needs to knock it out of hit against the shift.

I think as long as Jay Bruce stays in the 2 hole, Griffey will be fine in the 3rd slot. He was batting over .300 like the past 3 weeks so hopefully he will find his Power Stroke, and all the Griffey haters can go hang with the Dunn haters that used to be sounding off... Are they still here? I think so? :

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I think as long as Jay Bruce stays in the 2 hole, Griffey will be fine in the 3rd slot. He was batting over .300 like the past 3 weeks so hopefully he will find his Power Stroke, and all the Griffey haters can go hang with the Dunn haters that used to be sounding off... Are they still here? I think so? :
    Griffey is OPSing 12 out of 15 players in NL at the #3 hole in lineup with 100 or more at bats. There is no reason, other than pampered star treatment, to continue to have that big of a difficiency in the middle of the lineup when you have better options at #5 and #7.

This can't be serious. You can't expect a player to go and demand to move down in the order. I don't care if he is hasn't had a hit all year. That is Dusty's job not Griffey.

So far this year we have bashed almost every player on the team at one point in the season, on this forum.

E.E., Phillips, Dunn is some examples and they all three got hot. I believe at some point Griffey will get hot. As was already pointed out, Griffey is hitting the ball hard and the hits will come soon.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Or Junior could just not be in the lineup at all tonight....here it is per C.Trent's blog and look who's batting third!!

Ryan Freel c
    Jerry Hairston Jr. ss
    Jay Bruce rf
    Brandon Phillips 2b
    Adam Dunn lf
    Andy Phillips 3b
    Joey Votto 1b
    David Ross c
    Aaron Harang p
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Based upon the way people treat players on this thread, I sure hope none work in the investment field.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Or Junior could just not be in the lineup at all tonight....here it is per C.Trent's blog and look who's batting third!!

Ryan Freel c
    Jerry Hairston Jr. ss
    Jay Bruce rf
    Brandon Phillips 2b
    Adam Dunn lf
    Andy Phillips 3b
    Joey Votto 1b
    David Ross c
    Aaron Harang p
    :thumbdown
    Sorry I like yesterdays lineup better.

Turn Off Ads?