Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Saw Matt Maloney Pitch Today

Saw Matt Maloney Pitch Today

I went to see Maloney pitch today against the Columbus Clippers. He pitched very well. It was difficult to tell how hard he was throwing because the speed gun was rarely on when he was pitching. It looked like he threw a nice curve that clocked around 78. I only got the clock on one fastball that was at 88 and a few changeups that hovered around 80-81. It also looked like he threw a slider around 83-85, but I was having a hard time figuring out if it was indeed a slider or a cut fastball. He struck out five but what I really was impressed with was once he got into a groove, the number of groundball outs he had. He seemed to do a really good job at keeping the ball down and that resulted in a lot of ground ball outs. I left at the bottom of the 8th when I saw Coffey was coming in who only lasted 1/3 of an inning so I missed Herrara, who went the final 1.2 to get the save and lower his era to
    .98. A couple of other things, Jerry Gill swung at everything (although it was only one game) he looks like he needs to improve his discipline. Adam Rosales got a triple to give the bats the lead and was flying around the bases, I did not know he had that kind of speed and he pumped his fist as he made it to third base. He has had a very rough start so far.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Re: Saw Matt Maloney Pitch Today

Nice, thanks for the update bro. I should have joined you at the park. Last year for the Coop! The Clip Joint is moving downtown next year (and they're still not sure who their MLB affiliate will be... hopefully not the nats again)

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I'm pretty fired up about Danny Herrera. I think we might have found a long-term lefty pitcher out of our pen. And not just a LOOGY. Herrera can face more than one guy (in fact he's better when he does) and can get righties out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Nice, thanks for the update bro. I should have joined you at the park. Last year for the Coop! The Clip Joint is moving downtown next year (and they're still not sure who their MLB affiliate will be... hopefully not the nats again)
    I think it is going to be the Indians farm team the Bisons. They are currently in Buffalo and they have not renewed with Buffalo. I hate to see that with 1460 already covering the Indians, Columbus is becoming more and more an Indians town. Having said that, I still prefer that to the Nats or the Yankees.

Turn Off Ads?