Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daryl Thompson (#4) and Matt Maloney (#13) crack this weeks Prospect Hot Sheet

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Daryl Thompson (#4) and Matt Maloney (#13) crack this weeks Prospect Hot Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I am not trying to argue with you, but how do you measure "obliterated" change ups?

Do they have a Batting Average against for his Change Ups?
    Last year, here is what hitters did against his change up:

LHH - .400/.400/.400 (interesting that no XBH against it).
    RHH - .357/.357/.667

Now those numbers are only when its put in play, but those numbers are very bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Daryl Thompson (#4) and Matt Maloney (#13) crack this weeks Prospect Hot Sheet

I am not trying to argue with you, but how do you measure "obliterated" change ups?

Do they have a Batting Average against for his Change Ups?
    He said when they made contact with his changeup it was obliterated. Not that they hit it well.

So what were was he average against his Change up alone?

So what were was he average against his Change up alone?
    I just showed that above, lefties had an .800 OPS when it was put in play and righting were sitting at 1.024 OPS when it was put in play. The league average against a change up was .319/.319/.502 for an .821 OPS.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I just showed that above, lefties had an .800 OPS when it was put in play and righting were sitting at 1.024 OPS when it was put in play. The league average against a change up was .319/.319/.502 for an .821 OPS.
    Well, I was confused about your "put in play" term...

Well, I was confused about your "put in play" term...
    Well its not exactly possible to calculate a strike 1 in terms of an average, so its really only doable based on balls that are either an error, hit, sacrafice or an out.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Well its not exactly possible to calculate a strike 1 in terms of an average, so its really only doable based on balls that are either an error, hit, sacrafice or an out.
    are you mocking me with that? Oh and I thought you were trying to pursuade that Joahn Santana is washed up...

are you mocking me with that?
    No, just stating that is why its calculated with the balls in play, because while a strike 3 is technically an 'out' its basically the same as strike 1 and thats not an out.

Turn Off Ads?