Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daryl Thompson (#4) and Matt Maloney (#13) crack this weeks Prospect Hot Sheet

Re: Daryl Thompson (#4) and Matt Maloney (#13) crack this weeks Prospect Hot Sheet

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Scout I talked to saw him this year, said its the best change up in baseball thrown by a lefty not named Cole Hamels.... so yeah, its pretty good.
    How old is Travis?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Daryl Thompson (#4) and Matt Maloney (#13) crack this weeks Prospect Hot Sheet

Scout I talked to saw him this year, said its the best change up in baseball thrown by a lefty not named Cole Hamels.... so yeah, its pretty good.
    Mmmmmm.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    How old is Travis?
    Turned 21 in February.

Johan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

WOW. What is the report on his other pitches?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Johan?
    Is he named Cole Hamels?

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    WOW. What is the report on his other pitches?
    Fastball was 88-91 on the night and hit 92 at times. His cutter was working really well and is a good pitch right now.

Is he named Cole Hamels?
    A lot of people consider Johan's one of (if not) the best changeups in the game.

Also, after seeing Volquez pitch again tonight, I find it hard to believe Wood's is better. I've not seen it, but Volquez's change is pretty disgusting. I've watched a lot of pitchers over the years and it's definitely one of the best I've ever seen...mostly because of how he frames it compared to his fastball. The location is just sick.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    A lot of people consider Johan's one of (if not) the best changeups in the game.

Also, after seeing Volquez pitch again tonight, I find it hard to believe Wood's is better. I've not seen it, but Volquez's change is pretty disgusting. I've watched a lot of pitchers over the years and it's definitely one of the best I've ever seen...mostly because of how he frames it compared to his fastball. The location is just sick.
    Personally I think Santana's change up is a tad bit overrated. It is a very, very good pitch so lets not take it the wrong way.... but its not the best pitch in baseball and it gets talked about like it is. He may be the best pitcher in the game, but that doesn't mean he has the best pitch. Volquez changeup is sick on many different levels, the difference in speed, the location he can throw it with, the tumble on it.... then there is the fact that his fastball might be coming at 97 MPH, oh wait, thats just an 81 MPH change that looks just like it. Crap.

Personally I think Santana's change up is a tad bit overrated. It is a very, very good pitch so lets not take it the wrong way.... but its not the best pitch in baseball and it gets talked about like it is. He may be the best pitcher in the game, but that doesn't mean he has the best pitch. Volquez changeup is sick on many different levels, the difference in speed, the location he can throw it with, the tumble on it.... then there is the fact that his fastball might be coming at 97 MPH, oh wait, thats just an 81 MPH change that looks just like it. Crap.
    I had heard rumors before that there was thought that Santana was tipping his change up. They said it was so good that even though he was tipping it players couldn't hit it. Can't remember where I heard that though.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I had heard rumors before that there was thought that Santana was tipping his change up. They said it was so good that even though he was tipping it players couldn't hit it. Can't remember where I heard that though.
    Not sure where you heard that or if its true.... but last year when players put wood on the ball against his change up they absolutely obliterated the baseball.

Not sure where you heard that or if its true.... but last year when players put wood on the ball against his change up they absolutely obliterated the baseball.
    Yeah, I would have hated to have his 235 K's, 3.33 ERA, and 15 Wins...

That would have been terrible, and this year, 6 Wins and a 3.41 ERA sure would look nice in a Cincy Uniform...

Johan Santana is probably one of the Best Pitchers in the Game... While Pedro had his time, Johan has had and is continuing to have his, and now Volquez is probably headed to "His" time as the man...

Santana is a work horse who I would love to have on my staff, if i had a Major League Club, or I was a Manager, or a Pitching Coach... Or etc...

That really had nothing to do with Doug's argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Yeah, I would have hated to have his 235 K's, 3.33 ERA, and 15 Wins...

That would have been terrible, and this year, 6 Wins and a 3.41 ERA sure would look nice in a Cincy Uniform...

Johan Santana is probably one of the Best Pitchers in the Game... While Pedro had his time, Johan has had and is continuing to have his, and now Volquez is probably headed to "His" time as the man...

Santana is a work horse who I would love to have on my staff, if i had a Major League Club, or I was a Manager, or a Pitching Coach... Or etc...
    I am not sure what any of that has to do with his change up being overrated a little bit and his change up getting obliterated when guys hit it. Both of which are entirely accurate statements. That doesn't mean he isn't one of the best pitchers in baseball or that his changeup isn't very good..... he is and it is.

I am not sure what any of that has to do with his change up being overrated a little bit and his change up getting obliterated when guys hit it. Both of which are entirely accurate statements. That doesn't mean he isn't one of the best pitchers in baseball or that his changeup isn't very good..... he is and it is.

I am not trying to argue with you, but how do you measure "obliterated" change ups?

Do they have a Batting Average against for his Change Ups?

Turn Off Ads?