Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How much salary does the minor league system tie up each year?

How much salary does the minor league system tie up each year?

There's a lot made over small market teams MAJOR league salary, but you often don't hear about how much teams are spending on the minor league system. How much the draft picks are signing for, Triple A players, etc. How much do First round, second round, etc, etc down the line picks sign for? And we know we have a certain CF in Triple A being paid $3 mil, maybe the highest paid minor leaguer in baseball. Any insight?
    Last edited by LouisvilleCARDS; 05-31-2008 at 03:53 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: How much salary does the minor league system tie up each year?

This is just a rough guess, but I would guess, league wide the average is probably around 8-10 million including draft picks, international signings and then player salary/travel.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    This is just a rough guess, but I would guess, league wide the average is probably around 8-10 million including draft picks, international signings and then player salary/travel.
    And we have $3 mil going to Patterson. That's funny.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleCARDS View Post
    And we have $3 mil going to Patterson. That's funny.
    I didn't really count that. I don't really count the 40 man roster guys....

Turn Off Ads?