Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday May 30th Minor League Game Updates

Re: Friday May 30th Minor League Game Updates

Chattanooga finished off the shutout, game over. 4-0 win.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Belisle allowed 2 runs in the 9th inning. In comes Majewski to hopefully finish off the game.

Belisle may have to get comfortable in Louisville. 4 hits in a third of inning.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Juan Francisco WALKED (for the 3rd straight game),
    Hmmmm....definitely a step in the right direction. If he can get that ONE facet of his game on track, he could be moving up quickly.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Jukich final game stats

Chattanooga Pitching
    Player IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
    Jukich 7.2 3 0 0 1 6 0 2.34

Carlos Fisher got his first save.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

In regards to Juan Francisco, we all know his bat is great and his power is outstanding. How's his defense though? I recall hearing that he's got a rifle for an arm, but how's the leather? Any idea?
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Another great night for Jukich. What does he have to do to get the call to AAA? Really there isn't much of a point in keeping him in AA at this point.

Majewski with two Ks to end the Louisville game. I don't know what happened to him down there, but he is dealing these last few weeks.

This is taken from another thread from a few days ago, but I couldn't agree more.

Originally Posted by RedlegJake
    I would not discount Ben Jukich either, in discussing options for 09 and 2010. He doesn't get enough respect as a prospect over some of the glitzier guys, imo. He has a heavy fastball that induces groundballs at a much higher than normal rate - near 65% which is amazing. He has a 9 inning complete game with the Lookouts and in 10 starts has 62.1 innings with 52 hits, only 2 homers allowed, 45 strikeouts and an era of 2.63. I'd like to see his K rate per 9 rise back to the better 8 per 9 it has been throughout his career so far, and reduce the walks a bit from a little over 4 per 9. The slightly lower strikeout rate and walking more than a batter per 9 more than last year are a bit concerning but the groundball tendency and ability to suppress the longball are definite strengths. He's 25 with a great pitcher's frame at 6-4 and 190 and has a really nice smooth delivery. Did I mention he's a lefty?

His groundout flyout ration tonight was 11-6. From listening to the game tonight, the announcer agrees with Redlegjake about the smooth delivery.

Jukich to Louisville after the draft. Let's see it Walt. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if Jukich gets the next shot at the #5 spot in the Reds rotation.

Regardless, with a staff of Bailey, Thompson, Maloney and Jukich, the 'Ville could be a real interesting team to watch.
    Last edited by Benihana; 05-30-2008 at 10:35 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Jukich will go to Louisville when Maloney comes to the Reds. Root for Fogg; he can speed up the process by pitching well enough to make himself attractive to somebody.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Jukich will go to Louisville when Maloney comes to the Reds. Root for Fogg; he can speed up the process by pitching well enough to make himself attractive to somebody.
    or poor enough to earn a DFA...

When will Roenicke get promoted to AAA?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Question... Belisle appeared to come in to finish the game off for the Bats. Do they see possible 8th/9th inning setup/closer potential in him? is his stuff good enough to go over 1 inning that he could succeed if he lets it fly?

I can't say I've ever seen much Belisle on TV..

But the only couple times I have seen him(granted, it was several seasons ago, 2005 maybe?) I thought his stuff was crazy good. mid 90's fastball and a pretty damn good curve that had some crazy break to it. Has the back issues affected his stuff? Can he dial it up anymore?
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Question... Belisle appeared to come in to finish the game off for the Bats. Do they see possible 8th/9th inning setup/closer potential in him? is his stuff good enough to go over 1 inning that he could succeed if he lets it fly?

But the only couple times I have seen him(granted, it was several seasons ago, 2005 maybe?) I thought his stuff was crazy good. mid 90's fastball and a pretty damn good curve that had some crazy break to it. Has the back issues affected his stuff? Can he dial it up anymore?
    Most likely. When Matt was in the bullpen, he would come out some games and throw 92-95 and look great, the next time barely able to hit 90.

I don't think he can physically take the punishment a pitcher must take.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post

Velocity has nothing to do with his problems, never has. He gets little movement on his pitches and he has absolutely no idea how to locate pitches. 99% of all pitchers in baseball have about the same stuff. The difference is movement, location, and the ability to change speeds. Belisle has no clue on any of those three and I doubt we will ever see him in a Reds uniform again. Sadly for him personally I am thrilled with that.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?