Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Phone Service

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Digital Phone Service

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    What does a typical monthly Vonage bill look like after they add the taxes and surcharges on to that $24.99?

If I drop my long distance service with Sprint and just go with the local (because we use our cell phones for all long distance), my bill would be around $32.
    I only got the 500 minute plan - which is $14.99 - I think it ends up being just shy of $19 a month.

I'd prefer not to have a local line at all, but I live on the fringe of the metro and our cell service isn't 100%. But less than $20 a month is ok for that in my mind. Qwest's near $50 for the same service was just way too much.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I only see a couple of problems with not having a land line:

A cell phone has to be near you to hear the ring.
    If you have to call 911, and you can't find you phone right away, or it's not charged, or if it's not working properly.

I know people who had their phones thru cable (Cox) before Katrina. Their phone was still out when we got back 6 weeks after the storm. They switched back to bellsouth (now att) and got service almost immediately. An extreme example, but I'd ask others in your area about reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    I only got the 500 minute plan - which is $14.99 - I think it ends up being just shy of $19 a month.
    That's 500 anytime minutes, both local and long distance? Do those minutes also include people who call you? Or just calls you make?

That sounds like the plan I need as infrequently as we use our phone. I'm tired of paying Sprint $50+/month for a phone I rarely use. We use our cells far more and we don't even come close to the 1500 minutes/month we have.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Turn Off Ads?