Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Saturday May 31st minor league updates

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Saturday May 31st minor league updates

Dayton trails 2-1 after four innings in the game that was suspended last night.

Everyone else plays later.

Re: Saturday May 31st minor league updates

Louisville is up 4-0 against the Lehigh Valley IronPigs. Alvin Colina has homered. Ramon Ramirez is starting for the Bats.

Louisville is up 8-0 in the 5th inning

Ramirez: 5 Innings, 2 Hits, 0 Runs, 1 BB, 2 Ks -- 48 pitches

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Louisville is up 8-0 in the 5th inning

Ramirez: 5 Innings, 2 Hits, 0 Runs, 1 BB, 2 Ks -- 48 pitches
    I'm really impressed by Ramirez. He's got a good fastball that sits usually between 90-92 but can touch 96 according to Doug. However, he's got an even better changeup that comes in between 80-83 that induces swings and misses. I really think that the Reds should explore trading David Weathers and DFA Josh Fogg so we can move R. Ramirez into the long-relief role and Matt Maloney to the rotation.

Ramirez is interesting, but I think Roenicke is being groomed as Weathers heir.

Maloney for now, but if Bailey starts fireballing in the warm summer heat, then he will replace Maloney.

Humberto Sosa is catching the 2nd Dayton game today.
    He played for the DSL Reds last season.

Heres his profile:
    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=500739

Jordan Smith's 1st professional hit is a 2 RBI double with 2 outs. Lookouts trail 3-2 after 1.

Sarasota lost to Clearwater 9-6. Some notables are below:

C. Heisey 2-5, HR, 2 RBI
    D. Stubbs 0-2, run, 3 BB
    Jose Castro 2-5, 3 RBI

Daniel Guerrero, in his best Josh Fogg impersonation, only went 1.1 giving up 7 runs (6 earned) on 7 hits.

Louisville won 9-3 over the best nicknamed team in the minors, the Lehigh Valley Ironpigs. Break out Corey Patterson who went 2-5 batting leadoff for the Bats. Ramon Ramirez, sensing my praise for him in a post earlier in this thread had the wheels come off a bit in the 7th but still pitched well going 6.1 while allowing 6 hits and 3 runs while striking out 3 to earn the win. Adam Rosales had two hits for the Bats but is still struggling mightily hitting .207 on the year.

Valaika is 2-4 with a homer tonight.

Here's a question that I don't really know where else to post:

Anyone know what ever became of Justin Curry? He was a big RHP the Reds drafted in the 33rd round back in 2006. He had a verbal commitment to play football at North Carolina, but decided to go to Junior College as a draft and follow candidate. I know the Reds time for D&A with him is now over, but does anyone know how he faired in Junior College or whether he's likely to be drafted next week?
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Here's a question that I don't really know where else to post:

Anyone know what ever became of Justin Curry? He was a big RHP the Reds drafted in the 33rd round back in 2006. He had a verbal commitment to play football at North Carolina, but decided to go to Junior College as a draft and follow candidate. I know the Reds time for D&A with him is now over, but does anyone know how he faired in Junior College or whether he's likely to be drafted next week?
    I'll answer my own question. He transferred from that JC to Valley City State University where he plays basketball and football, but not baseball.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

I must have missed it but is Frazier hurt? He didn't play yesterday or today.

Turn Off Ads?