Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone's laugh. That's all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Leo Mazzone

I like Leo as a color guy. He did a really good job. The laughing was annoying but other than that I really like him.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

question is how much money would it take to get him to take the place of our very own Dick Pole

He pulls just a little to hard for the Braves when hes in the booth.If the Reds were playing someone other than Atlanta I would say he would have done a good job.Hes just a little to bias for the Braves for my taste.

He has a completely different personality than I imagined him having.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    question is how much money would it take to get him to take the place of our very own Dick Pole
    I have been hoping for that ever since he left his position in Baltimore, especially with guys like Homer Bailey needing some help, not to mention Cueot, and Volquez continuing his run...

He seemed incredibly one sided during the game. I know he was with Atlanta for 100+ years, but c'mon.

He did seem one sided, while complaining about the balls called while atlanta was pitching. I feel like the home plate umpire was bad for both teams. Freel was clearly safe at home however. I didn't mind him in the booth, probably would have liked him better if we were not playing the braves.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I was gonna say the same thing...

it kind of made things even having thom in the booth with him though. I enjoyed the game, and don't really have any complaints with mazzone, i know i wouldn't be able to call a game unbiased if the reds were in it, so it's understandable, i loved the laugh, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    That's because we remember him rocking back and forth on the the bench.

He did give some good insight.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

It was a strange broadcast overall for what was supposed to be a "neutral" broadcasting team.

You've got Thom roaring enthusiastic calls every time the Reds did something good (Don't get me wrong, Thom is great), and sounding really bummed after the two Braves homeruns.

On top of that Leo kept pointing out the Brave's pitcher's mistakes trying to appease their fans when we hit one out.

Overall it was just weird for a semi-nationwide game to have representatives (former in Leo's case) of each team in the booth together.

Edit: Imagine a Reds/Dodgers game in the late 70's with Vin Scully and Joe Nuxhall calling it together, see what I mean?
    Last edited by jhiller21; 06-01-2008 at 01:58 AM.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Didn't the Reds-Indians game that was on Fox use both Thom and one of the Cleveland guys for it? Maybe that's what they're doing for their national games now...using one broadcaster from each club's team.

I was at the game today so I didn't really hear much from the broadcast but I LOVED Thom's reaction to BRUUUUUUCE'S home run, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    Didn't the Reds-Indians game that was on Fox use both Thom and one of the Cleveland guys for it?
    Thom is still under contract with Fox, he has to do a number of Saturday games no matter what teams are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    i've been wanting that too
    Chris Sabo is my All-Time favorite Red

Turn Off Ads?