Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Red Jerseys

Red Jerseys

Does anyone know why the Reds wore their Red Sunday jerseys on Saturday? To my knowledge this is the first time they've worn them any day other than a Sunday.

I see this was brought up in yesterday's game thread, but no one seemed to know there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Red Jerseys

It was because of the national tv coverage. They have done this in the past.

Knowing the Reds, they forgot what day it was!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by robmadden1 View Post
    It was because of the national tv coverage. They have done this in the past.
    Thanks, I didn't realize that they had done this before. Now if only the Braves could have worn their new navy alts. (which I love by the way) we could have had a good old fashioned spring training game going on.

a buddy of mine went to friday night's game and saturday's game,so he sure got to see two great games.
    Chris Sabo is my All-Time favorite Red

Yeah, first time I ever recall them using the all red at a game other than Sunday home. Maybe the Reds are now getting with the program that many teams let the starting pitcher choose the jersey the team wears. I also noticed the Cubs brought back the all blue alternate this season. Big Z always chooses this style when he pitches.

I had read before that both teams were not permitted to wear alternate jerseys in the same day, but I've seen it done before. I wonder if this was the case yesterday and Atlanta will wear thier navy alternates today.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Well, there could be another reason....

From C-Trent's blog...

* Quote of the day: "You know the schedule is ****ed up when our pants are still wet." -- Bronson Arroyo on today's 3:55 p.m. start. I mentioned that it's a good thing he's not pitching. He agreed.

Classic. :O) Now the laundry's backed up too. hehe. Dusty's botching of that 18 inning game has more lasting effects than we originally thought. *grin*

I <3 the red jerseys.

part of BBN

The red jersey's are my favorite.
    I wish they would take them as their away uni's.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    I had read before that both teams were not permitted to wear alternate jerseys in the same day, but I've seen it done before. I wonder if this was the case yesterday and Atlanta will wear thier navy alternates today.
    Sure enough that's what we got today. Spring Training Special.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I love the red jerseys! It was a nice surprise for us to see them when we were at the game yesterday.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?