Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June 1st Minor League Updates

Re: June 1st Minor League Updates

Josh Roenicke just made his AAA debut and got a strikeout, flyout, and another strikeout. What a heck of a debut for Roenicke. Hopefully he's in Cincinnati before long.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Maloney isn't on the 40 man roster...I'm guessing that has something to do with it.

Let's be fair....Bailey's been rough lately after a nice April. Maloney's been good lately after a rough April - there's probably more to the numbers, but I don't have them in front of me
    Then the only thing I can think is that they have a deal in the works and Homer was the easiest option to go too and he'll only be up for one start.

This move puzzles me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Roenicke: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K

Herrera: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K

Herrera's line:2 IP, 3 hits, 1 R, 1 BB, 0 K.
    His ERA is now at 1.29
    The Louisvillle game is going into extra innings tied 4-4

Lehigh Valley takes the lead on 2 singles 5-4 in the top of the 10th
    Lehigh Valley wins 5-4, Herrera takes his first loss
    I made such a nice thread about him, too
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 06-01-2008 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    What do you guys expect to happen when he starts on Thursday?
    Howard and Utley will probably be fighting over who gets to get into the batters box first.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Howard and Utley will probably be fighting over who gets to get into the batters box first.
    Maybe they'll bat out of order. HAHA, yeah right. No one ever bats out of order...
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Career night for the Phillies hitters is possible. No kidding.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Hopefully the archive of the Bats game gets put up soon. I wasn't watching tonight and can't wait to see Roenicke on video.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Career night for the Phillies hitters is possible. No kidding.
    I just love the optimism here. How about a career night for Homer is possible. Again...no kidding.

When Homer was healthy last year, he threw VERY well. When he started the year in Louisville this year he threw VERY well. When he got repeatedly snubbed in favor of Belisle, Fogg and with Arroyo struggling mightily...he started struggling. I think the motivation dropped off. I'm not trying to make excuses, but it does happen. DougDirt has mentioned it several times...maybe he's just bored down there. I think everyone knows his stuff is good enough for the bigs and he's proven everything he needs to prove in the minors. It's PAST time for Homer in the bigs...for good or ill. It had to be pissing him off to see the Reds consistantly give Cueto start after start when he was struggling (these past 2 have been much better though). It's time.

In response to the "lost velocity" comments I see everywhere...remember that he added a cut fastball to his arsenal this year. He's been throwing that quite a lot. It's THAT fastball that is at the lower speed. Not his normal fastball. He's still 93-97 iirc.

Best of luck Homer!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Hopefully the archive of the Bats game gets put up soon. I wasn't watching tonight and can't wait to see Roenicke on video.
    And where would that be at? Do you have to have milb.tv?
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    And where would that be at? Do you have to have milb.tv?
    Yeah, I do. Weekday games are archived sooner than weekend games, so it might not even be until Tuesday for the game to be archived.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    It was great in-person.

Quick inning for Roenicke tonight. I was watching the radar after each pitch. He dialed it up to 98mph on one, while hitting 94-96mph consistently. He threw only a few off-speed which was at 84mph. I had to laugh at the first pitch he threw because he blew it by the hitter so badly. The guy was coming out of his shoes.

I missed the first inning of Bailey's outing, but as I was driving I listened, and he gave up two weaker singles, another hit, and an error on Dickerson which the fans near me were riding him about. Bailey had a quick 1-2-3 in the 2nd with groundballs. When he left in the 3rd, I stood up clapping as loud as I could, while no one else joined in....guess they all didn't get the news.

Herrera did better than what his fate was. Only one pitch was over 80mph and that was 84mph....but his other 'fastballs' were 78mph and had the hitters quite fooled. I think one of his off-speed pitches registered in the low 60s (61 IIRC). It was great to see him pitch.

Patterson did his famous pop up in his first AB. lol Then he had to get hits in the rest. Dickerson hit a HR to tie it in the 9th off Steve Kline I believe.

Great game after the sun went down, but the Bats lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    It doesn't sound so bad when its put like this:

Brandon Watson singles on a ground ball to center fielder Corey Patterson.
    Oscar Robles singles on a ground ball to left fielder Jerry Gil. Brandon Watson to 2nd.
    Rich Thompson walks. Brandon Watson to 3rd. Oscar Robles to 2nd.
    Andy Tracy out on a sacrifice fly to left fielder Jerry Gil. Brandon Watson scores.
    Jon Knott flies out to center fielder Corey Patterson.
    Jason Jaramillo singles on a ground ball to right fielder Chris Dickerson. Oscar Robles scores. Jason Jaramillo to 2nd. Rich Thompson advances to 3rd, on fielding error by right fielder Chris Dickerson.
    Brennan King called out on strikes.

He wasn't exactly giving up line drives.
    QFT...

Oh, and regarding Bailey's velocity at tonight's game....I saw the radar hit 95mph once or twice, with most of his other fastballs at 93 and 94 range.

Quote Originally Posted by AccordinglyReds View Post
    Oh, and regarding Bailey's velocity at tonight's game....I saw the radar hit 95mph once or twice, with most of his other fastballs at 93 and 94 range.
    Which is exactly what it was last year in Cincy. But did they have any movement because that is my concern? And what of his secondary pitches, did he throw any and what info do you have on those?

Thanks for any info.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?