Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cueto IS tipping his pitches from the stretch

Cueto IS tipping his pitches from the stretch

Norton didn't pick up on it there. But he grips the ball with whatever pitch he is going to throw before it gets to the glove. It was very obvious on the change up he just threw.

Also, he is digging from the windup on his breaking ball, meaning it is obvious he is changing his grip from a normal fastball.

Maybe the Braves aren't picking up on it, but someone mentioned on here that maybe that is why he has been having trouble with men on base. Getting away with it today so far (through 5), but I think that this should be addressed. Watch for it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cueto IS tipping his pitches from the stretch

Interesting.

If I can see it, then Hitting Coaches/Bench Coaches/Base Coaches are definetly seeing it. Now we need Dick Pole to see it.
    Last edited by Homer Bailey; 06-01-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Seeing this on tv from behind is different than when your in the box.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I was the one who suggested he's been tipping his pitches. It's the only thing that makes sense.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    thank you.....hitter's aren't picking it up. he's fine.

If everyone knows this including all of the opposing batters, that makes his accomplishments that much more impressive!!!

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Well, whether they are or not...if a fan can see it, someone should at least mention it to someone who can contact Dick Pole. At least they can look into it.

Anybody know of someone here with those sort of connections?

email the reds front office.....is that possible ? they might relay the message...

you are all just doing some guess work
    if it was going on someone on the team would have seen it already

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Well, I know that some people here have direct connections to the Reds. Matt700wlw works for the radio station. There have been others who have "friends" who work for minor league affiliates, etc, etc.

As for mailing the F.O....I've got no clue who to contact.

Respectfully disagree. There are tons of people in the dugout looking for signs the entire game. When I played, if a base coach said to you while you were at the play, "C'mon (insert first name)" it meant fastball. If he said C'mon (insert last name)" it meant offspeed. You can bet that every bench coach and 1st/3rd base coach is looking for anything to give his team an advantage.

Also, players do watch film, as in the film that we see on TV, so they can identify this in the film room, then relay that information to their base/bench coaches, who can then help them out at the plate.

If we did things like this in high school, I can guarantee you it is being used in the Major Leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Respectfully disagree. There are tons of people in the dugout looking for signs the entire game. When I played, if a base coach said to you while you were at the play, "C'mon (insert first name)" it meant fastball. If he said C'mon (insert last name)" it meant offspeed. You can bet that every bench coach and 1st/3rd base coach is looking for anything to give his team an advantage.

Also, players do watch film, as in the film that we see on TV, so they can identify this in the film room, then relay that information to their base/bench coaches, who can then help them out at the plate.

If we did things like this in high school, I can guarantee you it is being used in the Major Leagues.

everyone knows this, you fail to miss my point that you can actually see the ball in his glove from the tv angle....you cannot from the batters box nor either coaching box.

everyone knows this, you fail to miss my point that you can actually see the ball in his glove from the tv angle....you cannot from the batters box nor either coaching box.
    I never said I saw the grip in the glove. I said from the stretch, he keeps the ball behind his back/at his hip. Before the ball gets to the glove, he has his grip on the ball before it reaches his glove. This is especially evident when he grips the change up. This can be seen from a coaching box.

I know a ex-red adn he has told me things like this in the past....but in defense to JC, each team has someone looking out for just this type of thing, he looks for signs from the opposing pitcher and he looks for signs of our pitcher tipping his hand. I say if its a problem then its being looked into. Good looking out though. I never caught it and I always look for that kind of stuff. I am going back and looking it over on the Tivo now.

Turn Off Ads?