Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Zack Greinke?

Re: Zack Greinke?

If Grienke were really available, you give them what they want, including Chapman, and you don't give it a seconds glance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If Grienke were really available, you give them what they want, including Chapman, and you don't give it a seconds glance.
    For two years of Greinke? No way.

The Royals wouldn't want Chapman anyway, too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Royals wouldn't want Chapman anyway, too much money.
    That was my thinking as well.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

How good would it feel (just while we're speculating here) to see the Cards' Oswalt and raise them a Greinke?!

IMO almost no prospect can be off-limits for a Greinke deal. I agree that a package headed by Alonso and Wood could attract KC's attention.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    How good would it feel (just while we're speculating here) to see the Cards' Oswalt and raise them a Greinke?!

IMO almost no prospect can be off-limits for a Greinke deal. I agree that a package headed by Alonso and Wood could attract KC's attention.
    I think it would be awesome to hang a Greinke on the Cards' Oswalt.

KC does not need Alonso. They've got big LH bats coming (Hosmer plays 1B, as does Billy Butler). My guess is they'd want pitching, a CF and a catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    For two years of Greinke? No way.
    Well, you go ahead and plan on staying in the Grienke business after two years. It's what grown-up teams do.

And, again, as the last time we had this conversation, as much as I am intrigued by Chapman, he remains an open question in terms of control and what he actually will be in the major leagues. Grienke, we know. Cy Young candidate and all that...

Well, you go ahead and plan on staying in the Grienke business after two years. It's what grown-up teams do.
    If you mean they should do their best to extend him, of course. But you don't write KC a blank check on your young talent without knowing you're getting more than two years at a high price tag. Makes no sense, IMO.

Two years of Grienke for the uncertainty of Chapman et al? THAT I would do. I wouldn't have done that for a rental, but I would for a few years of a Cy Young candidate and the chance to extend him longer.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

While I am asking the Royals about Greinke, I'd also see what it would take to get them to throw in Gordon. I'd love to have him as the 3B of the future, learning behind Rolen. He could play third on Rolen's rest/injury days, and I believe he has played some LF this year in the minors.

Grienke/Gordon for Wood/Heisey/Francisco?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    While I am asking the Royals about Greinke, I'd also see what it would take to get them to throw in Gordon. I'd love to have him as the 3B of the future, learning behind Rolen. He could play third on Rolen's rest/injury days, and I believe he has played some LF this year in the minors.

Grienke/Gordon for Wood/Heisey/Francisco?
    That would be an ideal two-fer, but it's gonna take giving prospects until it hurts to get them interested.

For those two you would the above three and probably throw in Mesoraco and maybe Chapman too.

Two years of Grienke for the uncertainty of Chapman et al? THAT I would do. I wouldn't have done that for a rental, but I would for a few years of a Cy Young candidate and the chance to extend him longer.
    Disagree. The "et al" is where things get out of hand -- you've been advocating "giving them what they want" plus Chapman. IMO, that's WAY overpaying.

And "a few years" equals exactly two. There's no option on a 3rd year. He's gone after 2012.

We have a fundamental disagreement on the value of Zack Grienke at this point.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    That would be an ideal two-fer, but it's gonna take giving prospects until it hurts to get them interested.

For those two you would the above three and probably throw in Mesoraco and maybe Chapman too.
    Maybe sub Chapman for Wood, and throw in Mesoraco and a B-level prospect? I'd still do it.

Turn Off Ads?