Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Zack Greinke?

Re: Zack Greinke?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Greinke got abused tonight, ERA now over 4.
    Time to get KC on the phone!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    But the Reds' payroll has absolutely nothing to do with whatever the Royals do with their budget.
    It does in a way, the thrown around argument that the Reds can afford him while the Royals cannot is a fairy tale IMO, the Reds and Royals operate in the same place in revenue land.

Now, if the Royals don't want to spend the money..well they are idiots
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    It does in a way, the thrown around argument that the Reds can afford him while the Royals cannot is a fairy tale IMO, the Reds and Royals operate in the same place in revenue land.

Now, if the Royals don't want to spend the money..well they are idiots
    The Reds have operated at a higher threshold than the Royals for the last 10 years. This year is the closest the two have been.

Further, unlike the Royals, the Reds are in a playoff chase -- meaning higher (theoretically) revenue down the stretch and the potential for playoff revenue (meaning a bigger windfall).

The Reds aren't exactly the Yankees, but they have far better motivation to add payroll and pay Greinke's salary if he were available than the Royals would to keep it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Re: Zack Grienke?

Per today's MLBTR, Royals could start to seriously listen to off season offers for Grienke.

I'd love for Walt to find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Greinke's lack of sustained success is precisely why he's a perfect target. Sure, if the Royals want a Haren/Bedard package, you move on. But if you can come in under that, you can get through his prime under market who has made it through the injury nexus unharmed (physically) and has enough innings to prove he's at least a league average pitcher. He's at the cusp of getting too expensive, but not there yet.

I think a Bailey, Stubbs, Fransisco offer would at least get you a real spot at the table. The question comes down to how Bailey is valued. I don't think any of us has a real good sense of the perception out there -- my sense is that his valuation is all over the map. It depends on how the Royals view him.
    I think it takes more. None of those guys really hurt to lose, and a deal for Grienke is going to have to sting. Thinking Bruce may have to go in any deal.

I think it takes more. None of those guys really hurt to lose, and a deal for Grienke is going to have to sting. Thinking Bruce may have to go in any deal.
    His post was from 2008.

This thread is REALLY old.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    His post was from 2008.

Wow...had no idea. I thought there was a more recent Greinke thread.

Here's the recent thread. The old one confused me.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    His post was from 2008.

Lol. Can't blame Edabbs44. Those names are all on the Reds and viable talent. It speaks well of the Reds organization that all three still have significant value, even two years later.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

bump

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

With Zacks recent frustrations about the organization and its future. I would think a Greinke to Reds would be amazing if you could pull it off.

I'd go Heisey, Klinker, Joesph, and Frazier for Greinke

The Reds will have to give up someone who hurts. The Royals are not going to move this guy unless they can improve their team.

Forget trading them Yonder Alonso because they already have Billy Butler and Eric Hosmer who are probably better and their first baseman and DH of the future.

Forget trading them Juan Francisco because they have Mike Moustakas who is probably better and their third baseman of the future.

Forget trading them Devin Mesoraco because they have Wil Myers who is probably better and their top offensive prospect.

So, what package are the Reds suppose to put together? The Royals have little need where the Reds have depth. The Royals won't want to gamble on Bailey. With the injury and questionable production, he has little trade value at this point. Besides, the Royals are pretty deep in pitching prospects.

The Royals won't trade Grienke unless they get a deal that will help their franchise on the field. They don't have to gamble. They have a number one starter (Grienke) making less than four million. They can demand prospects/players who can make impacts at their areas of need. The Reds just don't match up well with the Royals for a major trade.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

The Royals have loved speedy CF with great gloves. I think a package around Stubbs and a young arm (Bailey, Wood, Joseph) starts the conversation.

And it would be poetic if the Reds could turn Stubbs into a Cy Young winner.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quoting Spitball from the other thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    The Reds will have to give up someone who hurts. The Royals are not going to move this guy unless they can improve their team.

Forget trading them Yonder Alonso because they already have Billy Butler and Eric Hosmer who are probably better and their first baseman and DH of the future.

Forget trading them Juan Francisco because they have Mike Moustakas who is probably better and their third baseman of the future.

Forget trading them Devin Mesoraco because they have Wil Myers who is probably better and their top offensive prospect.

So, what package are the Reds suppose to put together? The Royals have little need where the Reds have depth. The Royals won't want to gamble on Bailey. With the injury and questionable production, he has little trade value at this point. Besides, the Royals are pretty deep in pitching prospects.

The Royals won't trade Grienke unless they get a deal that will help their franchise on the field. They don't have to gamble. They have a number one starter (Grienke) making less than four million. They can demand prospects/players who can make impacts at their areas of need. The Reds just don't match up well with the Royals for a major trade.

The Royals are pretty loaded with prospects and maybe could be's, they will want something of substance, someone who has played in the majors, think Cueto to open the conversation.
    Go Gators!

Stubbs/Bailey/Maloney/Frazier.

Turn Off Ads?