Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homer's call up vs Maloney's remaining stagnant

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Homer's call up vs Maloney's remaining stagnant

There are threads discussing Homer but I didn't see one with a direct comparison to Maloney. Anyways here goes

Code:
    Bailey   W   L    ERA    GS    IP    H    R    ER    BB    SO    GO/AO    BAA
    April    4   2    2.29      6   39.1  30  10  10     9     32      0.76     .213
    May      0   2    6.59      5   27.1  33  21  20     20    22      1.50     .303

Maloney   W   L   ERA    GS    IP     H    R    ER    BB    SO    GO/AO    BAA
    April     2   1    6.65    5    23     30  17    17    8     24     0.61      .323
    May       4   1    2.56    6    38.2   28  11    11   11    30     0.81      .204
    Homer Bailey on the year
    Code:
    Year Age  Team   BB/PA   K/PA   BABIP   GB%   HR/Air   FIP   BsRA9 
    2008 22 AAA    10.4%   18.5%   .302     45%   5%     4.10     4.40
    Matt Maloney
    Code:
    Year Age  Team    BB/PA    K/PA    BABIP    GB%    HR/Air    FIP    BsRA9 
    2008 24 AAA      7.3%      20.6%   .328      35%      1%      2.72    3.11

I would much rather have a lefty with an 87-91 mph sinker in the 5th spot pitching well as oppose to an ex fireballing texas phenom. I planned on spending more time on this post but I have to go back to work. I'll post a more detailed reasoning for my opinion when I get a minute but check out the FIP

Discuss

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Homer's call up vs Maloney's remaining stagnant

I don't care who comes up as long as they give the Reds a chance to win. A chance to win in the #5 spot is all any team asks for. So far this year those chances have been few and far between. I would think Baily gets two shots, he struggles they bring up Matt. Either way it should be an improvement.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

I heard Maloney isn't on the 40 man roster. Does that have anything to do with it?
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    I heard Maloney isn't on the 40 man roster. Does that have anything to do with it?
    Indeed it does if it's only a temporary position to be filled. They probably figured they'd give Homer another shot 1) because he's on the roster and it's an easy move 2) it would only have to be for 2 weeks (2 maybe a 3rd start) and they could see how he does with his 2nd stint

I think Homer is ready. I like the move.

I have been pulling for Homer for awile now... I think Walt has been scanning my posts here in redszone for what move to make next...

Ah ha...

I hope Homer goes out there and after 6 Innings, Dusty pulls him... I would like him to atleast go that far with less than 100 pitches, and give up 3 ER or less... This guy is going to be so pumped from the call up... I bet he K's 10 or more guys... Like a breath of Fresh Air!!!

Anyhow... I just hope Friday we're all here talking about how it's great to be Reds fans with all these young guys leading the way... I am excited for Homer, and excited for the organization... Harang, Arroyo, Volquez, Cueto, Bailey... Wouldn't that be nice with all those guys going out there with a chance to WIN? Homer's got the stuff, I am fully backing him and I hope everyone on here gets behind him... HE still could be "THE GUY"

Clearly the pitcher who earned a promotion didn't get the promotion.

I guess Homer's sulking and whining have paid off for the kid.

If I were Reds management, I'd greet Homer at the door with the newspaper quotes of him saying he thought he should been a starter from day one out of Spring Training and that he has nothing left to learn in triple A. (summarizing) Then I'd say, prove it.

When he gets shelled, I'd hand him a list of things that he did wrong in the game and tell him when he straightens things out, he'll get another chance. Hehehe.

I would much rather have a lefty with an 87-91 mph sinker in the 5th spot pitching well as oppose to an ex fireballing texas phenom.

Yeah being 22 will knock serious speed off that fastball.I can't believe some of you people on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    I would much rather have a lefty with an 87-91 mph sinker in the 5th spot pitching well as oppose to an ex fireballing texas phenom.

Yeah being 22 will knock serious speed off that fastball.I can't believe some of you people on here.
    There are those in the know who say Bailey's fastball speed has decreased into the low 90's as opposed to his mid to upper 90's it used to be.

My point is he is young,whats not to say he cant crank it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Clearly the pitcher who earned a promotion didn't get the promotion.

I guess Homer's sulking and whining have paid off for the kid.

If I were Reds management, I'd greet Homer at the door with the newspaper quotes of him saying he thought he should been a starter from day one out of Spring Training and that he has nothing left to learn in triple A. (summarizing) Then I'd say, prove it.

When he gets shelled, I'd hand him a list of things that he did wrong in the game and tell him when he straightens things out, he'll get another chance. Hehehe.
    Homer and Maloney have strikingly similar stats this year. Both have slumped, Maloney early, Homer recently. Homer's also pitched in the bigs before, while Maloney hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    There are those in the know who say Bailey's fastball speed has decreased into the low 90's as opposed to his mid to upper 90's it used to be.
    That's an objective fact. You don't have to be in the know to look at the scoreboard and see the pitch velocity.

Pitching against the Phillies is a tough act right now, Maloney
    is probably thinking better you then me kid.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat View Post
    Pitching against the Phillies is a tough act right now, Maloney
    is probably thinking better you then me kid.
    yeah you're right. better you get paid more than me. better you get a better life than me. better you get service time towards pension than me.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaFan View Post
    yeah you're right. better you get paid more than me. better you get a better life than me. better you get service time towards pension than me.
    Maloney will get his chance.I think the Reds are setting
    Homer up for a fall.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Turn Off Ads?