Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hudson thread got me to thinking...is Bruce better than Ted Williams?

The Hudson thread got me to thinking...is Bruce better than Ted Williams?

So far so good!
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Hudson thread got me to thinking...is Bruce better than Ted Williams?

I can't believe some of these post. Come on. He's played 6 games, and you want to know if he's better than one of the games all time greats.

It's one thing to be really excited about how Bruce has hit since his call up, but to compare the first 6 big league games to the all around career of Ted Williams is a little much. Don't get me wrong, i love what Bruce has brought to the table and the energy spark his play has brought the team as a whole. Just don't compare the hot start of a rookie to a Hall of Famer 6 games into his career.

Come on now..................

To be fair he did say "So far, so good!"

That might just mean Jay Bruce's first six games were better than Teddy Ballgame's first six games (and that's possible, I have no idea).

Could Jay Bruce be what the Bible is talking about?
    Who's on first?

I need to see Jay Bruce in a WW II-style dogfight to decide who's better overall.

Oh this site gets more comical everyday.

I would say he is 1000 times better than Ted Williams, isn't Ted gone?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    I would say he is 1000 times better than Ted Williams, isn't Ted gone?
    All but his Head I think.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

just wait til he's cloned.....

wow...I mean wow...

...and I thought some Dallas Cowboys fans are dillusional.

Just slow down and enjoy the ride
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

I know it's a video game, but I simulated years into the future with Jay Bruce, and he ends up hitting over 40 homers, and batting over .370 in 2017. Just sayin.

I wonder how Jay would fair at fly-fishing
    "He [Janish] is a true shortstop, but Jerry's doing a great job offensively and we've been having trouble offensively," Baker said. "You've got to have some offense to replace a key offensive guy."
    -Dusty Baker, 5/15/08 while Corey Patterson raises his OBP to a whopping .276 and Jay Bruce's .984 OPS sits in Louisville

Turn Off Ads?