Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What happened to Hopper and Keppinger?

What happened to Hopper and Keppinger?

I looked over the Minor League threads...no where to be seen.

I looked over the Sun Deck....no where to be seen.

I looked over www.redsminorleague.com ...no news at all about them.

I looked at every box score from Saratoga, Chattanooga, and Louisville for the 11th, 12th, and today, the 13th, and they aren't in any of those boxscores.

They played a full game for Sarasota on the 10th, and that's the last I see of them.

I'm a little tired of looking so I thought I'd ask.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What happened to Hopper and Keppinger?

Sarasota had a couple of rainouts, and now they're in the All-Star break. They've only gotten into one or two games so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Sarasota had a couple of rainouts, and now they're in the All-Star break. They've only gotten into one or two games so far.
    They had games on the 11th, 12th, and were playing today, and Hopper and Kepp were not in those lineups. They had a rainout on the 9th. They played a double-header on the 10th.

No game today, All-Star break. Here's the rehabbers on the 11th from Fay's blog:

Josh Fogg (rehabbing lumbar back spasms) gave up 3 runs on 6 hits in 5.0 innings (1bb, 6k, 1hb, 1hr, 78TP)…Norris Hopper (right elbow inflammation) went 1-for-3 with 2 walks and 2 runs…3b Jeff Keppinger (fractured left kneecap) went 0-for-3…

No game today, All-Star break. Here's the rehabbers on the 11th from Fay's blog:

Josh Fogg (rehabbing lumbar back spasms) gave up 3 runs on 6 hits in 5.0 innings (1bb, 6k, 1hb, 1hr, 78TP)…Norris Hopper (right elbow inflammation) went 1-for-3 with 2 walks and 2 runs…3b Jeff Keppinger (fractured left kneecap) went 0-for-3…
    I saw that game...but then I swear I saw a couple of more games. I didn't even have a beer yet.

What the heck was I looking at?

Heck if I know! Either way, it would be nice to see Keppinger get a few more at bats sometime soon.

That game was from the 11th...

Here's the boxscore from the 12th....no Hopper or Keppinger:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...upafa_sarafa_1

So, it was only 1 game that they didn't play.

I thought maybe they were sent to Lousiville and took the Magic Bus to get there.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

KP.
    if you went to the Sarasota Reds official site earlier today they had something weird going on and it appeared that they had a game today, but they actually didn't. I saw that earlier and was confused for a minute until I noticed that Fogg was the probable starter.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    KP.
    if you went to the Sarasota Reds official site earlier today they had something weird going on and it appeared that they had a game today, but they actually didn't. I saw that earlier and was confused for a minute until I noticed that Fogg was the probable starter.

I saw that, too, not only with Fogg a probable starter, but a partial score where it was the 3rd inning. It was strange.

OFF TO PAWTUCKET: With Single-A Sarasota on its all-star break, Keppinger and Hopper joined Triple-A Louisville in Pawtucket to continue their rehabilitation assignments.

Keppinger, coming back from a broken knee cap, is on the progressive plan. He was to play third base, DH and play third again over the next three days.

"He'll move to shortstop when he gets his legs under him," Baker said.

Hopper, coming off an elbow strain, is playing outfield. He had an assist in one of the two games he played in Sarasota.

"He's probably closer than Keppinger at this point," Baker said.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...PT04/806140414

Turn Off Ads?