Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruce better than Hamilton?

Bruce better than Hamilton?

Interesting article on the mlb website about Jay Bruce, in particular, a quote form his agent who also represents Josh Hamilton.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

"Josh Hamilton might win the Triple Crown this year, but Jay is better," Sosnick said. "I'll take it to the grave. I'll take my lumps from my [other] players for saying that. He's unequivocally the best player we've ever had in terms of talent and upside and the chance to be successful. He's a once-in-a-lifetime player for me."
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bruce better than Hamilton?

Please just let the boy play! (Not directed towards you Nasty Boy).

He doesn't need these ridiculous comparisons to all of these awesome players. He's played 6 games!

Absolutely....Hamilton lost 4 years of his career. That reason alone makes Bruce better. Hamilton may have two or three years that are better than any of Bruce', Bruce will have 12 very good years, while Hamilton struggles to get 7.

According to inside sources Josh Hamilton will be named the AL player of the month for the second consecutive time this year. He is the first player ever to achieve that feat for both the months of April and May in the 35 year history of the monthly award.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releas...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Quote Originally Posted by laxtonto View Post
    According to inside sources Josh Hamilton will be named the AL player of the month for the second consecutive time this year. He is the first player ever to achieve that feat for both the months of April and May in the 35 year history of the monthly award.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releas...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Mark McGwire won Player-of-the-Month Awards in April and May in the year he smacked nine gazillion homeruns, but that was in the NL.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Tough debate. They're both future HOF imo.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Tough debate. They're both future HOF imo.
    Wow..give them some time geez.

Keep in mind Hamilton is already 27.

got alil captain in u?

Both players are very talented. Hamilton has the experince factor so far on Bruce. Both have very good power to all fields and can also shoot the ball the opposite way instead of becoming pull happy. Both Hamilton and Bruce can play all 3 outfield spots. Either could win a gold glove in their career. It's to early to make the call on which one is better.

Stat geek...and proud

Bruce has the potential to be the best player in baseball. Not ever, but currently.

Will it happen, maybe, but it also may not.

Remember, Gregg Jefferies was can't miss too. He was just an average player. But look how hot he was when he first came up. In 109 ABs during his first piece of real MLB playing time in 1988, his OPS+ was 178. That's Pujols type numbers, to use a current player as a frame of reference.

Hamilton hit a 2 run bomb tonight, now has 65 RBI
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Bruce has the potential to be the best player in baseball. Not ever, but currently.

Will it happen, maybe, but it also may not.

Remember, Gregg Jefferies was can't miss too. He was just an average player. But look how hot he was when he first came up. In 109 ABs during his first piece of real MLB playing time in 1988, his OPS+ was 178. That's Pujols type numbers, to use a current player as a frame of reference.
    Gregg Jeffries was pretty good man. His numbers were deflated by the era he played in but I absolutely understand your point.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Gregg Jeffries was pretty good man. His numbers were deflated by the era he played in but I absolutely understand your point.
    Well, yeah, I didn't say he sucked. He was slightly above league averages for part of his career then fell off fairly young. He had a nice career. If you were collecting baseball cards in 88-89 I'm sure you remember the hype though.

If we had Hamilton, Dusty still would have played Patterson over him.

Hamilton has a better arm.
    That part is not up for debate.

The other 4 tools are up in the air to me.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    If we had Hamilton, Dusty still would have played Patterson over him.
    If we still had Hamilton, Patterson would not have been signed. At least I hope not.

Turn Off Ads?