Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harang vs. Eaton (6/3/08)

Re: Harang vs. Eaton (6/3/08)

I am out of town this week. Last night I followed the link here to the 2 Reds affiliate radio stations listed in the thread that have slipped through the cracks and still broadcast the Reds games over the internet.

But neither of them worked.

If anyone knows any Reds or Phillies affiliate radio stations that I could catch the stream of tonights game, I'd appreciate it if they IMed me with the info.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I love these threads each game. I'll try to discuss them more as a form of encouragement.

I wish Griff was in there tonight. He's been good against Eaton. Let's hope Freel gets on some (and doesn't get caught stealing/picked off) and Dunn and Votto pick up the slack on offense.

We need Harang to throw a good one, but wouldn't it be nice if he could cruise to a win with some offense?

Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    I love these threads each game. I'll try to discuss them more as a form of encouragement.

I wish Griff was in there tonight. He's been good against Eaton. Let's hope Freel gets on some (and doesn't get caught stealing/picked off) and Dunn and Votto pick up the slack on offense.

We need Harang to throw a good one, but wouldn't it be nice if he could cruise to a win with some offense?
    All I needed was a little feedback. Didn't know if anyone was out there reading these.

Headed South

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned that Bruce is hitting in the 3 hole. I know he's been awesome so far... but the 3 hole seems a little too soon!

Maybe they're trying to ensure that he's getting good pitches to hit - you're not going to walk him when you have BP, AD and JV coming up. Still - I'd like to see Bruce in the 2-hole.

The art of losing isn't hard to master.

- e.b.

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone12 View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned that Bruce is hitting in the 3 hole. I know he's been awesome so far... but the 3 hole seems a little too soon!

Maybe they're trying to ensure that he's getting good pitches to hit - you're not going to walk him when you have BP, AD and JV coming up. Still - I'd like to see Bruce in the 2-hole.
    I love him in the two hole because he has just been an awesome table setter. I guess Dusty wants him to be able to drive in runs more than "clogging" the bases. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post

I go to quite an effort to put these threads together and they often don't get much attention. That is why I said that. Sorry for the confusion. It seems like people would like to talk about all the so called "drama" around the team than the actual games at times.
    No apology needed. I love your threads as well.

And boy do i agree with the second part of your post.

Perfect example right now is on wlw.

Instead of discussing tonights game. On pre-game WLW have been talking Chad johnson for the first 35 minutes of the show.

I love him in the two hole because he has just been an awesome table setter. I guess Dusty wants him to be able to drive in runs more than "clogging" the bases. Ugh.
    Why not consider a line-up something like this.

Hairston
    bruce
    BP
    Dunn
    Votto
    EE
    bako
    freel
    harang

Freel gets on Harang being a good sac bunter gets him over to second.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    Why not consider a line-up something like this.

Hairston
    bruce
    BP
    Dunn
    Votto
    EE
    bako
    freel
    harang

Freel gets on Harang being a good sac bunter gets him over to second.

Flip BP and Dunn and I like it. Bako protecting Freel kind of scares me though. I'd like to see Ross in the lineup this week. He hits well in small parks.

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

All I needed was a little feedback. Didn't know if anyone was out there reading these.
    We are, and your effort is appreciated.

I just know that, for me, for a 7:00pm weeknight game, I'll only see your preview threads 30-60 minutes before the game, which doesn't leave a huge window in which to engage in a back-and-forth discourse.

But I absorb what I see, then settle in to watch/listen-to the game, and I get to revel in the fact that thanks to the preview, I'm at least as smart and prepared as Marty/Jeff/George/Chris/Thom. That's fun.

Rick

So dusty definally left Harang out too long. No way he should have gone into the seventh. Over a hundred pitches and he was already tired when he went short rest last time...
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I have no probs with Dusty's handling of Harang tonight.

We've lost our second straight one run game to the Phils after winning two against the Braves. Say what you will about baseball and stats but, they do seem to even out.

Tonight was the first time in a long time that I was actually angry at Phillips. He had an awful night at the plate.

Bruce actually looked human but still had a .500 OBP.

Our bullpen is pitching better and better. Liked what I saw out of Herrera.

Tomorrow night is a must-have. With the June schedule we have in front of us we cannot start 0-3 on this roadie, especially when we could easily have won either prior game.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I have no probs with Dusty's handling of Harang tonight.

We've lost our second straight one run game to the Phils after winning two against the Braves. Say what you will about baseball and stats but, they do seem to even out.

Tonight was the first time in a long time that I was actually angry at Phillips. He had an awful night at the plate.

Bruce actually looked human but still had a .500 OBP.

Our bullpen is pitching better and better. Liked what I saw out of Herrera.

Tomorrow night is a must-have. With the June schedule we have in front of us we cannot start 0-3 on this roadie, especially when we could easily have won either prior game.
    How can you say that? Harang struggled in his last outing since he pitched extra innings in San Diego. Most managers wouldn't have given their starter and extra day off. But they couldn't since Volquez pitched extra innings as well. Now he puts Harang out on regular rest and expects him to be effective after a hundred pitches. I don't get it. For the most part, unless you're mechanics allow you to or you are absolutely dominating the opponent, I don't think pitchers should generally go out the inning if they've reached 100.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

Phillips was a rally killer twice tonight, double plays to take Bruce off the bases late in the game...that really ripped their hearts out I think...

It's incredible how small Herrera is, and I'm guessing tv doesn't do it justice...although he came up huge against Howard and Burrell...

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle55 View Post
    Phillips was a rally killer twice tonight, double plays to take Bruce off the bases late in the game...that really ripped their hearts out I think...
    definitely killed a couple of very important rally starters. However the entire team couldn't get crap done together. Reds made eaton look like a stud because of impatience and lack of execution. What's new, the reds have been doing that all season.

Turn Off Ads?