Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Which player/players are you hoping slides to 84th on Thursday?

Which player/players are you hoping slides to 84th on Thursday?

I hope that Alex Meyer (6'7'' HS RHP from Greensburg, IN) is there when the Reds pick in the 3rd round. My ideal draft on Thursday would go:

1.) Brian Matusz LHP University of San Diego
    2.) Forfeited but for all intensive purposes our 2nd rounder this year is Francisco Cordero and Juan Duran
    3.) Alex Meyer HS RHP
    4.) College OF Bat
    5.) College Power Pitcher (preferably a reliever)

Who are your guys for the 84th pick?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Which player/players are you hoping slides to 84th on Thursday?

I want Chris Dominguez in the 4th, if he's still around. He might be good enough to go in the 3rd. Dominguez is a big 3B for the University of Louisville, but I'm willing to overlook his wretched choice in universities because of his athleticism and power.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Nice thread. I was just getting ready to start a thread similar to this except I was going to ask posters what they are hoping for with the No. 7 pick and the No. 84 pick.

At No. 7 overall I'm hoping for one of the big time college talents. One of Pedro Alvarez, Buster Posey, Brian Matusz, Gordon Beckham, Justin Smoak, Yonder Alonso, Aaron Crow, or Tim Beckham who is the long high school talent of the bench and a huge long shot to fall to the Reds. If the Reds draft one of those eight guys at No. 7 then I will be very pleased. The Reds can't go wrong with one of those guys.

At pick number 84 I'm hoping for a big time high school bat but I'd settle for an arm. HS bats who I'm hoping fall to 84 include Issac Galloway, Anthony Hewitt, Robbie Grossman, Destin Hood, Jaff Decker, Zach Cone, or Jay Austin. One of those HS bats should be available and number 84 and I'm hoping the Reds are able to land one. If they choose to go with an arm then maybe they can grab Aaron Shafer from Wichita State, or hope Lance Lynn falls that far, or maybe a HS arm who falls.

For picks 7-10 I'd be trying to find another Roenicke like they did in 2006.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I would love to pick up Steven Fife (Utah RHSP) at #84.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I would love to pick up Steven Fife (Utah RHSP) at #84.
    It would be nice to see what that curveball can do at normal altitude.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Fife would be cool.

I wouldn't mind seeing the guy I just took in the mock draft - Jordan Danks from Texas either.

Perhaps one of the HS bats that have a firm committment to college - it would be nice to see the Reds splurge a bit without any sandwich picks or 2nd round - to try pry one of those guys loose from their scholarship.

cough cough Ricco Torrez cough cough

Turn Off Ads?