Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wednesday June 4th minor league updates

Re: Wednesday June 4th minor league updates

It's going to be interesting to see reactions if Mes OPSes at or above this rate all summer. I wonder where the naysayers and doubters will be then.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Mesoraco just keeps on hitting. And some thought he would just sit out until the season at Billings started because he wouldn't be ready for Dayton. I'm not happy to hear that his defense is below par, for some reason I thought he had the rep as a great defensive catcher when he was drafted (maybe that was just projected tools as a MLB catcher). But I love that "Mez" is hitting the cover off the ball lately after a slow start at Dayton. And he's just 19 which has to make him one of the youngest catchers in that league. Or players, period.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

They won't call Dickerson up. Patterson is living in Dusty's basement. They're tight like that. In the 6/4 game against the Phillies (Reds 2-0 win) Dusty should have pinch hit for Patterson with Andy Phillips once Philly brought in a lefty. But Dusty of course stuck with his boy. Dickerson would have to be hitting very well to get the call and he's not quite yet. Good to hear that he's playing much better though and I agree he would be a much better fit than Corey Patterson. But Dusty loves him some C-Patt. Even with him batting .195 and swinging at every pitch that is thrown his way. And Patterson has the worst looping swing I have ever seen. Bruce is more than fine in CF defensively. No need to even have Patterson.

I wonder how much a plane ticket for K Patt would be to Siberia? Seriously, I get paid tomorrow and I'm willing to chip in a Franklin or two if it means tonight was the last game we ever saw of the immortal K Patt in a Reds uni.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I wonder how much a plane ticket for K Patt would be to Siberia? Seriously, I get paid tomorrow and I'm willing to chip in a Franklin or two if it means tonight was the last game we ever saw of the immortal K Patt in a Reds uni.
    He better turn it around before the next homestand, because if Patterson even approaches home plate, the boo birds will be raining boo-dy on him. Public opinion is very, very negative on CP.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    He better turn it around before the next homestand, because if Patterson even approaches home plate, the boo birds will be raining boo-dy on him. Public opinion is very, very negative on CP.
    Fans on the road, however, should be cheering his every AB. Corey is beloved away from GAB.:

Turn Off Ads?