Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Griffey tonite but Guess who is playing?

got alil captain in u?

No Griffey tonite but Guess who is playing?

If you guessed Corey Patterson your the 64 million dollar winner. Whatever dirt he has on Dusty it has to be very good cause Dusty continues to put him in the Lineup.

Hairston SS
    Patterson CF
    Bruce RF
    Philips 2B
    Dunn LF
    Votto 1B
    Encarnacion 3B
    Bako C
    Volquez P

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: No Griffey tonite but Guess who is playing?

Not only that but 2nd. Seriously does anyone know what the ask Marty email is so i can ask him to ask Dusty; WHY ON EARTH he bats Patterson at the top of the lineup?

And seriously, whats wrong with Griffey? I'm starting to think that where he hits 600 has been playing a big part in his sitting out.

just when i thought the reds were heading in the right direction...hopes shattered again.

Maybe Patterson will be better this time. Last year, EE performed FAR better after he was recalled.

Just looking for the silver lining...

Oh my goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Not only that but 2nd. Seriously does anyone know what the ask Marty email is so i can ask him to ask Dusty; WHY ON EARTH he bats Patterson at the top of the lineup?
    I believe it is askmarty@redsonradio.com

I'll be listening tonight to see if he can justify it. Odds are he'll say, "because he's crazy." I really like Dusty, but this continuous action of putting Patterson at the top of the order baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    If you guessed Corey Patterson your the 64 million dollar winner. Whatever dirt he has on Dusty it has to be very good cause Dusty continues to put him in the Lineup.

Hairston SS
    Patterson CF
    Bruce RF
    Philips 2B
    Dunn LF
    Votto 1B
    Encarnacion 3B
    Bako C
    Volquez P
    Since Edwin is showing signs of ermegence, if you simply flip-flopped Patterson and EE you would have something.

What is wrong with keeping Hairston and Bruce at the top of the order? It seemed to be working to me.

I'm right back to where I was Sunday in terms of frustration (aside from Bruce finally being up). Corey Patterson isn't the one that makes me want to scream. Corey Patterson is Corey Patterson, and there is nothing he can do to change that. However, Dusty CAN control where he bats Patterson, and seeing him in the 2 hole makes me want to put my head through the wall.

what happens when griffey plays, does bruce move down while patterson stays in the 2 hole?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    what happens when griffey plays, does bruce move down while patterson stays in the 2 hole?
    One would hope and pray that when Griffey plays, Patterson will be on the bench and Bruce will be in center field.

thorn

How can that be possible? When Griffey is ready, patterson will be on the bench.

When Griffey returns Bruce goes to CF and Patterson to the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Since Edwin is showing signs of ermegence, if you simply flip-flopped Patterson and EE you would have something.
    No no no .

Your missing it as well.

EE has made a couple baby steps. No where near enough to help this team in 2nd hole however.

If patterson must play he should be 7 hole.

If hes got pop in his bat its not like his speed and hits will go un used down there.

The bottom of the order is very important aswell. People look past sometimes the imprtance of a teams ability to turn the order around.

In other words not leading off innings with the pitcher. I believe that happened a couple times last night.

Turn Off Ads?