Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dunn

Dunn

Soo again I ask.. why is dunn getting paid soo much? he was trying to give bases away last night.. and then during the hit and run he pulls up after 2 steps and just watches as he lolligags toward second to get tagged out.. sorry but his effort is terrible.. and for how much he gets paid he is nowhere near that value.. his contract would be better spent on a GG caliber 2b that we have..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    Soo again I ask.. why is dunn getting paid soo much? he was trying to give bases away last night.. and then during the hit and run he pulls up after 2 steps and just watches as he lolligags toward second to get tagged out.. sorry but his effort is terrible.. and for how much he gets paid he is nowhere near that value.. his contract would be better spent on a GG caliber 2b that we have..
    You mean that same GG 2B that has lines like this against righties:

.252 .303 .417 .721

FYI, even though he tears up LH-er's he only faces them less than 30% of the time...

He needs to be platooned against righties - which is 70% of the time. Yet you think HE should be paid $12M per year?

GREAT ANALYSIS!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Ignorance! The batter swings and misses on a hit and run and its his fault? And give away bases... are you serious?!

What about the GG caliber 2nd baseman costing the Reds a chance to win on Tuesday because of his double plays in the 7th and 9th? Phillips lolligags everytime he hits a hard grounder that results in a DP.

Your effort is terrible, because you have to sit around a wait for him to make a mistake (which all players do) so you can jump on Redszone and make a post.

Why are we hitting and running with Dunn on 1st anyway!!! Dusty thinks that because he has the power to make moves that he has to do something.

Dunn has been carrying this team for a month now. But he didn't hustle to 2nd on a busted play that would have resulted in an out either way, so he's terrible. Way to have some perspective.

the same GG 2b that can hit a fastball.. did you do your homework like I said.. and watch him against a pure fastball pitcher? he can't do it.. he needs a hanger to get his stats.. and yes his dropping of fly balls have been big errors in both of the last 2 games which he did it.. and almost cost us the game both times..

GG caliber 30/30 2b with a great bat and the best fastball hitter on our team..
    or a guy who hits 40 homers, but (NO SARCASM), his defense is worse than most legion ball outfielders..

I am not saying BPhill is worth 12 mil.. but I would rather overpay for him than for Adam Dunn..

Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    Why are we hitting and running with Dunn on 1st anyway!!! Dusty thinks that because he has the power to make moves that he has to do something.

Dunn has been carrying this team for a month now. But he didn't hustle to 2nd on a busted play that would have resulted in an out either way, so he's terrible. Way to have some perspective.
    he's terrible because he simply cant do almost any fundamental to the point where he should be at for his salary.. if he was making 5 mil a year I would love his contribution.. but for his salary.. he better be as good at hitting as manny ramirez.. or at least be good on defense.. unfortunately it is neither of those..

A hit and run is not a straight steal. You are not getting the lead or the jump that you would get when trying to steal a bag. Also, you are supposed to watch the batter so you can find the ball once it is hit. Dunn took off and was about 2/3 of the to 2nd base when Rollins caught the ball. We all know that Dunn isn't quick and he's not going to out run Rollins in a short sprint. So my questions are why is Dusty hitting and running with Vott and Dunn (a swing and miss player and a slow player)? And why is it Dunn's fault that Votto didn't make contact?

he's terrible because he simply cant do almost any fundamental to the point where he should be at for his salary.. if he was making 5 mil a year I would love his contribution.. but for his salary.. he better be as good at hitting as manny ramirez.. or at least be good on defense.. unfortunately it is neither of those..
    Once again, why do you care about salary? Dunn is getting paid big buck because he does things that most players cannot do... He hits HRs, he gets on base at .385 clip every year, he scores runs, and he drives in runs. Speed is not part of Dunn's game and Dusty shouldn't try to make it part of his game. Just like power isn't part of BP's game... when he's trying to hit for power he becomes a below average hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    A hit and run is not a straight steal. You are not getting the lead or the jump that you would get when trying to steal a bag. Also, you are supposed to watch the batter so you can find the ball once it is hit. Dunn took off and was about 2/3 of the to 2nd base when Rollins caught the ball. We all know that Dunn isn't quick and he's not going to out run Rollins in a short sprint. So my questions are why is Dusty hitting and running with Vott and Dunn (a swing and miss player and a slow player)? And why is it Dunn's fault that Votto didn't make contact?
    Not his fault but I would much rather him go full speed and get tossed out trying to straight steal on the whiff than just pulling up halfway while the pitcher is just about to release it.. and watching it go while he jogs to second.. sorry but even if votto hits anything.. with dunn going to second it has to fall as a hit.. otherwise with his lack of speed he is doubled off.. soo dusty was obviously willing to gamble that out.. unfortunately dunn didnt realize by going full out he might have improved dustys chance of return even ever so slightly..

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    Once again, why do you care about salary? Dunn is getting paid big buck because he does things that most players cannot do... He hits HRs, he gets on base at .385 clip every year, he scores runs, and he drives in runs. Speed is not part of Dunn's game and Dusty shouldn't try to make it part of his game. Just like power isn't part of BP's game... when he's trying to hit for power he becomes a below average hitter.
    and dunn isnt a below average hitter when he swings for the fences? oh my..

the same GG 2b that can hit a fastball.. did you do your homework like I said.. and watch him against a pure fastball pitcher? he can't do it.. he needs a hanger to get his stats.. and yes his dropping of fly balls have been big errors in both of the last 2 games which he did it.. and almost cost us the game both times..

GG caliber 30/30 2b with a great bat and the best fastball hitter on our team..
    or a guy who hits 40 homers, but (NO SARCASM), his defense is worse than most legion ball outfielders..

I am not saying BPhill is worth 12 mil.. but I would rather overpay for him than for Adam Dunn..

You were proven wrong on this fastball pitcher stuff last time you brought this crap up! Dunn hits a higher percentage of HRs against power pitchers than the likes of Manny, Papi, Pujols, and Berkman.

You need to say that you don't like Dunn. Will never like Dunn. No matter what he does you will never like Dunn. This would make more sense than what you are saying now.

got alil captain in u?

No where else in baseball can you find a guy like dunn. 40 hrs 100 runs 100 rbi's and 100 walks. So what if he strikes out 100 times ryan howard does that pretty regularly to and he won the mvp. You don't need a gold glove left fielder. Let's just run down the list and see who's actually and above average fielder. Lee in Houston no, Manny in Boston heck no, Bay in Pittsburgh yes, Braun no, Soriano heck no, about the only one i can think of that is gold glove caliber is Carl Crawford.

and dunn isnt a below average hitter when he swings for the fences? oh my..

Dunn doesn't swing for the fences... His normal swing provides HR power. Dunn is a below average contact hitter... but his contact provides more production than any other Red.

Or everyone else could do like I have and ignore him and he will go away.

Ignore is a wonderful thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

nope he doesnt hit fastballs.. just watch a game.. just because his stats against power pitchers are better than those guys.. doesnt mean that he hits their fastballs.. WATCH HIM.. please.. unless it is a 2-0 or 3-1 fastball where he is sitting dead red.. the guy can't hit it..

I would love dunn if he made less and freed up money for players who could contribute more to this team.. carl crawford at his salary would be great.. but for dunns skill set he is not worth that money..

keep paying dunn that money.. and keep seeing guys walk away as they get older because we can't afford them..

Turn Off Ads?