Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BBA Mock Update: Beckham

Re: BBA Mock Update: Beckham

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I would kill to have JD Drew. .890 career OPS? Yes please.
    Quite a frustrating player. In 4 of 9 full seasons, he has played in less than 110 games and never above 146. But when on the field, he has been productive.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BBA Mock Update: Beckham

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Several of them. The thing is most of those guys at least became meaningful contributors. A couple like Horner, Prior and Abbott, were derailed by injuries but were very good early on. Drew, Ventura, Burrell, Lincecum, definitely Will Clark, Gordon, Price...heck yeah, there are several on that list I'd love to have in their prime.
    The floor seems to be pretty high for these guys, but the thing that jumped out at me is the fact that the ceilings are pretty low in hindsight as well.

Are there any HOFers on that list? Obviously some of these guys have had success, but would you really kill to have Pat Burrell on your team? Kill to have Ventura or Drew?

I'm talking premier player...I guess my observation is that the award for best college player hasn't translated into premier player at the next level.

Turn Off Ads?