Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 MLB Draft Thread

All dyslexics must untie!

Re: 2008 MLB Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Hey guys, at the draft posting from up in stands. You guys will have better viewing than me but I wanted to experience it in person before they move it to NY ......

I went to the NBA draft here in Portland back in '92 (I think? Olympic year, Laettner draft class...he got booed mercilessly)

Enjoy
    Never overlook the obvious

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I think he starts in Dayton. By the end of the summer, he'll skip Hi-A and go straight to AA-Chattanooga, with a shot to join the big club maybe late 2009 and definitely by April, 2010.

That is, if he keeps hitting the cover off the ball.
    That's pretty close to my line of thinking as well. As far as when he'd reach Cincinnati, I'm thinking somewhere between late 2009 (perhaps a September callup) to early June in 2010 (after the Super Two date, of course).

I think he'll be fast tracked, and if the Reds send him to Dayton immediately then I'm going to have to get to a Dragons game soon to watch both him and Mesoraco.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

So Dougdirt...Is this your favorite day of the year? I have this mental image of you with a party hat on and MLB logo stramers all through your home.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    So Dougdirt...Is this your favorite day of the year? I have this mental image of you with a party hat on and MLB logo stramers all through your home.
    Its up there. I have had my entire week planned around the next two days. I loaded up on easy to cook food and Coca Cola classic.

I'm pretty excited for this years draft. I will have played against around 10 of the top 100 picks this year.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Its up there. I have had my entire week planned around the next two days. I loaded up on easy to cook food and Coca Cola classic.
    Very nice. It really is an exciting time to be a baseball fan.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

It's one of my favorite days along with Opening Day.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

is there anywhere to "Listen" to the draft? I know MLB.com used to provide streaming audio for this event for free.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

what i thought was players area is now full of folks. Serving lunch. So either a lot players and families are here or it's something else entirely
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Five more minutes!
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    is there anywhere to "Listen" to the draft? I know MLB.com used to provide streaming audio for this event for free.
    I think you can watch it on mlb.com.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Watching it now. I believe it's free- I don't have a currently active MLB.TV subscription, and it's working for me. I think it's technically on something called "Baseballchannel.tv".

MLB still has the Reds taking Alonso
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Here it is!!!

Check out all the Rays bandwagoners, Chris Almighty.
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Okay guys, thanks I got it.. I thought this would be like the flash draft tracker they had the other year, but its streasming something, just hope its right.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?