Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lesbian couple almost ejected from Mariners game

Lesbian couple almost ejected from Mariners game

SEATTLE -- A local lesbian couple says a peck on the lips nearly got the two of them tossed out of a Mariners game.

The women said in an arena where even chanting and screaming are allowed, they were singled out by a security guard simply because they kissed each other.

Sirbrina Guerrero says she only gave her date a peck, but a mother sitting with her son complained to security and, as a result, they were told to stop or leave.

"And he (the guest services agent) goes 'there's a lady whose son says he saw you guys making out, and I did, too. And you have to stop.' And I said 'well, we weren't making out, but we were kissing and I'm not going to stop,'" said Guerrero.

Guerrero says the only reason she was called out was because of her sexual orientation.

"(The guest services agent said) the mom doesn't want to explain to the kids why two girls are kissing. So I said 'well, I'm not going to stop, so you'll have to kick me out. So he said 'so I suggest you leave then,"' she said.

Safeco Field officials refused to comment on the incident. However, officials did send KOMO News a copy of the field's code of conduct which states "displays of affection are not appropriate in a public family setting."

But Guerrero and her friends don't buy it. After Guerrero was flagged at the game, they took pictures of other couples who kissed but were not reprimanded. Those couples, they said, were heterosexual.

Guerrero's friend Melissa Benavites, who was also at the game, said Guerrero did not lash out inappropriately at the security guard. She also said her friend's reaction was not overly sensitive.

"No, no. Not too sensitive about a situation like this. I mean, it could have been handled in another way," she said.

When asked whether she and her date were acting lewd in any way that would have prompted such a firm response from the security guard, Guerrero said, "We were eating garlic fries. The last thing we wanted to do was make out with each other. Honestly, that's what it was."

Stadium officials are questioning all staff members involved. They refused to discuss details, but did say their employees would never target same-sex couples.

According to MTV's web site, Guerrero was also a contestant on the network's reality TV show "A Shot At Love 2 With Tila Tequila."

http://www.komonews.com/news/19346754.html

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Re: Lesbian couple almost ejected from Mariners game

The only question I would have is does Safeco have the omni-present "Kiss Cam" like at GABP and other venues....if so, Safeco Field officials should apologize profusely to this couple--you CANT have it both ways--if you want no displays of public affection---get rid of the Kiss Cam...

who cares? I am too tall for the seats and leg room should I demand an apology.. people need to deal with stupidity in that sake.. and in my sake I need to deal with being too tall.. but do I whine about it.. no..

I agree what the usher said might have been out of line.. but come on.. some religions are far against that.. and so then they do have to explain it to their kids.. some religions are also against killing, drinking and such.. and when they see it they have to explain it to their kids.. but seriously.. if someone asked nicely while I was at a ballpark kissing my girlfriend that it was distracting them.. I would stop.. sorry but people can just be courteous and do things to make others comfortable, not like they wanted them to become straight and get married to a guy.. they just wanted less PDA than was being displayed.. all this world is any more is an apology for trying to help out everyone and not being exclusive to each persons needs.. kinda getting rediculous..
    Last edited by Ahhhorsepoo; 06-05-2008 at 12:11 PM.

We are missing the real question here. Are they hot?
    This article is useless without pictures.

Schnickelfritz

Oddly conservative for the pacific northwest.

This is a non-issue and probably doesn't really belong in a baseball forum.

ORG Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by wvu-red-fan View Post
    That's what I was wondering. If they are Woody Paige look alikes no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wvu-red-fan View Post
    http://media.komonews.com/images/080...a_Guerrero.jpg
    Last edited by Chip R; 06-05-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: No pictures
    Pathei mathos...

At GABP a ways back, I was sitting next to a good-looking guy and girl.

At Kiss Cam time, the camera rolled around to them and they started making faces and waving their arms and refused to kiss. The crowd booed.

A few minutes later, I asked the guy what the deal was. He said that's my sister.

Oh, I see.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Sabrina is cute...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    Sabrina is cute...

However, what does Sabrina's gf look like?

Sounds like the complaining mother went a bit over the top, a peck is a peck, making out should be grounds to kick any sort of couple out of a game though.
    Go Gators!

Actually, I read another article that included "making out and groping" which is probably the real story.

"Groping" is too far, straight or homo (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Sounds like the complaining mother went a bit over the top, a peck is a peck, making out should be grounds to kick any sort of couple out of a game though.
    True, tho' I've seen hetero couples that needed a bucket of cold water poured on them at GABP but no one complains... most where either taking pics or video on their cell phones...
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    who cares? I am too tall for the seats and leg room should I demand an apology.. people need to deal with stupidity in that sake.. and in my sake I need to deal with being too tall.. but do I whine about it.. no..
    Holy cow. This post is amazing, in an unintentionally hilarious way.

Seriously! The talls & the gays! One of them has learned to deal with it, why hasn't the other?

"Please don't take my grandmother's comments about tall people to heart. She is a very sweet woman, she was just raised in a different era."

Seriously. I am crying laughing right now.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    At GABP a ways back, I was sitting next to a good-looking guy and girl.

At Kiss Cam time, the camera rolled around to them and they started making faces and waving their arms and refused to kiss. The crowd booed.

A few minutes later, I asked the guy what the deal was. He said that's my sister.

Oh, I see.
    LOL that's awesome

Turn Off Ads?