Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lesbian couple almost ejected from Mariners game

Re: Lesbian couple almost ejected from Mariners game

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhhorsepoo View Post
    who cares? I am too tall for the seats and leg room should I demand an apology.. people need to deal with stupidity in that sake.. and in my sake I need to deal with being too tall.. but do I whine about it.. no..
    Exactly, why is the mother of a kid whining about something so stupid?

I agree what the usher said might have been out of line.. but come on.. some religions are far against that.. and so then they do have to explain it to their kids.. some religions are also against killing, drinking and such.. and when they see it they have to explain it to their kids..
    I guess that's the burden of their religion than. But how is killing related to two people kissing?

but seriously.. if someone asked nicely while I was at a ballpark kissing my girlfriend that it was distracting them.. I would stop..
    How many times have you been asked?

sorry but people can just be courteous and do things to make others comfortable, not like they wanted them to become straight and get married to a guy..
    Yeah, the mother and kid can just watch the game instead of staring at two people kissing.

they just wanted less PDA than was being displayed.. all this world is any more is an apology for trying to help out everyone and not being exclusive to each persons needs.. kinda getting rediculous..
    We agree again. People shouldn't stop showing affection just to accomodate some person's exclusive religion needs. It is getting rediculous.
    Last edited by RBA; 06-06-2008 at 12:24 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    throws 106. NBD.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Exactly, why is the mother of a kid whining about something so stupid?

I guess that's the burden of their religion than. But how is killing related to two people kissing?

How many times have you been asked?

Yeah, the mother and kid can just watch the game instead of staring at two people kissing.

We agree again. People shouldn't stop showing affection just to accomodate some person's exclusive religion needs. It is getting rediculous.
    Great post. I agree with you 100%.

would everyone be so forgiving if this were two men?

According to MTV's web site, Guerrero was also a contestant on the network's reality TV show "A Shot At Love 2 With Tila Tequila."
    Publicity stunt?
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    would everyone be so forgiving if this were two men?
    Do you see a lot of "forgiveness" here? I see a fair amount of prejudice and objectification of women. Don't confuse the latter with forgiveness.

And even the word "forgiveness" automatically implies that they have done something wrong.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Do you see a lot of "forgiveness" here? I see a fair amount of prejudice and objectification of women. Don't confuse the latter with forgiveness.
    BINGO

We have a winner here.

Yes I agree with Vatican, thank you. Sounds like Mo Egger's 1530 blog here otherwise (frat guy, bad beer heaven).

And maybe that is why you won't see people doing that here at Insurance Ballpark, they'd probably be burned at the stake after the game, after their children's eyes melt from seeing "the act."
    Last edited by CrackerJack; 06-06-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post

And maybe that is why you won't see people doing that here at Insurance Ballpark, they'd probably be burned at the stake after the game, after their children's eyes melt.
    Well I certainly wouldn't burn anyone at the stake but if two people of the same sex wanna do something that I find offensive in front of my family then trust me I will say something about it.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    And maybe that is why you won't see people doing that here at Insurance Ballpark, they'd probably be burned at the stake after the game, after their children's eyes melt from seeing "the act."

Funny you mentioned that. On Opening Day they did the customary Kiss-Cam. One of the last couples they showed were 2 Arizona players sitting in the dugout. Everybody laughed and thought that wss pretty funny.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Not sure why this turned into a religion bashing thread since it's not mentioned in the article.

Call me a skeptic, but the media response to this by the person who was tossed seems a bit too organized for my taste. I thought that before I saw she was on an MTV show. Now I'm sure we'll be seeing her on the Today Show, Good Morning America and Oprah as she grabs her 15 minutes of fame.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Call me a skeptic, but the media response to this by the person who was tossed seems a bit too organized for my taste. I thought that before I saw she was on an MTV show. Now I'm sure we'll be seeing her on the Today Show, Good Morning America and Oprah as she grabs her 15 minutes of fame.

That's the way it goes. She'll have her 15 minutes and we won't have to worry about it anymore. I think there are about a million bigger things to worry about than this.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Wouldn't surprise me if the mother who complained was actually a friend of hers helping get her some pub.

Yeah, gays are crafty like that. They set up elaborate scenarios so they can complain and make it seem like honest, red-blooded Americans are to blame for the way they are treated. I bet the newspapers don't even really want to publish these stories, but then a gay comes in and says "I'm your new editor in chief, we're taking over the world" and makes them publish it. You never know what they're truly capable of. That's why when they come walking around you turn your shop sign to closed and point to the rusty old water fountain at the end of the street; that one's for the gays.

Sigh. If only there were ushers for every situation in life.

Not sure why this turned into a religion bashing thread since it's not mentioned in the article.
    Exactly.

I've personally, at work, because we have a couple guys who are gay working in our department (not in relationship with each other) getting far worse and horrific treatment from non-religious people who would never step foot in a church.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Well I certainly wouldn't burn anyone at the stake but if two people of the same sex wanna do something that I find offensive in front of my family then trust me I will say something about it.
    Very tolerant of you.

Turn Off Ads?