Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Herrera optioned back to Louisville to make room for Homer Bailey

Herrera optioned back to Louisville to make room for Homer Bailey

In other news, left-hander Danny Herrera was optioned back to Louisville to make room for today's starter, Homer Bailey, on the roster.

Some notes:

--The conspiracy theory that Griffey didn't want to hit No. 600 until Florida was a matter of someone taking what Griffey said in jest seriously. "He throws out a lot of bait," Baker said. "I'm starting to learn. If you fall for that bait, you're a fish."

Griffey was truly hurting. "You saw me walk in here (Monday)," he said. Griffey limping noticeably.

"You don't think last night that 3-0 he was trying to hit the ball out of park," Baker said. "If you could hit a home run anytime you're ready he would have gotten this over a long time ago."

--It's a day off for Adam Dunn. "I can see him winding down little bit," Dusty Baker said. "I remember Ted Williams saying after you're extremely hot for a long period of time -- like Dunn was for the month of May -- you'll have a down period because you get physically worn out from running the bases. . . Plus, he's 1-for-8 with five punchouts against Hamels. It's a perfect time. Getting Junior back, both of them aren't out at the same time."

--Herrera will be back. "We didn't want to send him out," Baker said. "It was numbers. We didn't call him up for an experiment. They told us he could get people out and he was fearless."

http://beta.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Herrera optioned back to Louisville to make room for Homer Bailey

Hopefully Herrera is back in Cincy soon. He makes this bullpen better IMO.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Not terribly surprising. I'm just glad Herrera got in that game while he was up here rather than being called up to sit in the bullpen for a few days only to get sent back down again. He had an outstanding outing the other night getting out of that jam, and if he hadn't opened up eyes before then, he did this week with that outing.

This bullpen still has Weathers, Lincoln, and Majewski in it. If any of them go in the tank or land on the DL, then Herrera will be back up.
    Barry Larkin - HOF, 2012

Put an end to the Lost Decade.

but what if baker brings in affeldt and/or Bray in a LOOGY situation and affeldt and/or bray fails to execute?

or what if he leaves in a tired reliever in a LOOGY situation because he didn't want to burn the bullpen?

What is sad is his parents did not make it to Philly to see him. They were coming to Florida.

He made an appearance and continues to show that the kids are ready down on the farm.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellowjackets"

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap View Post
    but what if baker brings in affeldt and/or Bray in a LOOGY situation and affeldt and/or bray fails to execute?
    But what if Baker brings in Herrarra in a LOOGY situation and he fails to execute?

Herrera..... 5' 8" and 145 lbs!
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

He made an impression while he was here; he will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Herrera..... 5' 8" and 145 lbs!
    I'm bigger than Herrera this is probably the only guy in pro baseball that's about the same size as me.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Turn Off Ads?