Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Props to Homer

Props to Homer

He kept us in the game till Janish let the first run in missing the fly ball.Course Marty said that was Superman Bruce's ball and he should have waived him off.No way JR should have been out there to day with his glove heroics.In a nutshell this defense looked like the same old Reds today.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Props to Homer

Word. Hats off to Mr. Bailey. One of if not the best start we've had out of that spot this season.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Word. Hats off to Mr. Bailey. One of if not the best start we've had out of that spot this season.
    Great point. The best is yet to come. We have direction now with Bailey up here....
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

He needs to stay up, and Herrera brought back soon. It will be interesting to see what happens, though. When Fogg gets off the DL, that might be the time to bring Danny Ray back up. Who knows. Too bad the game wasn't even on the radio in Louisville (aside from the 700wlw feed that I can't get reception with).

^^^ I agree.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

It was a decent game by Homer. Nothing to get too excited about, but he did what a 5th starter is supposed to do. Let's just hope he improves.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    It was a decent game by Homer. Nothing to get too excited about, but he did what a 5th starter is supposed to do. Let's just hope he improves.
    I'll take 6.1 IP, 2 ER against the most imposing lineup in the NL at their place 7 days a week. That's not 5th starter stuff - that's 2nd/3rd.
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

One okay start and this board is puking all over itself. Hilarious.
    Who's on first?

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I'll take 6.1 IP, 2 ER against the most imposing lineup in the NL at their place 7 days a week. That's not 5th starter stuff - that's 2nd/3rd.
    And after bing shutout the night before.
    I was really expecting a huge philly win. Hopefully a good beginning for Homer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    No one is "puking", only saying he pitched well today. If he had of got rocked, people would have had him on the first train to Louisville.

I think people are really underestimating how potent Philly's offense is right now. Between Howard, Rollins, and what will surely be Utley, there's 3 consecutive MVPs in their everyday lineup. Throw in Victorino, a contract year for Burrell, and a Cy Young candidate in Hamels, Bailey was basically being thrown into an automatic L.

If Bailey performed this well under these circumstances, especially considering the poor fielding mishaps, I can't imagine how well he would of performed against a lesser team. We'd probably be having posts chammering for him to be the next young great Reds pitcher, but instead we get 'he wasn't that good.'

I'd say keep him up here the rest season. Hell, come the deadline, trade Bronson and bring up Thompson.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

Turn Off Ads?