Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    This guy just needs to retire. He isn't a good read and he lets his personal feelings show through too much in his writing.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member OesterPoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    West-central Ohio
    Posts
    2,053

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    Ironic that you're criticizing a reporter for doing the exact thing you're doing with your post.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    Awwwwwww. Another guy who thinks we should coddle our athletes. Homer has probably been coddled since he was a young kid when everyone realize he was so good. Then when someone criticizes the guy, he turns into a big baby. No wonder he can't handle criticism. And no wonder he'll look to just be an average pitcher in the majors.

  5. #4
    fan EddieMilner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Buchanan, MI
    Posts
    391

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Awwwwwww. Another guy who thinks we should coddle our athletes. Homer has probably been coddled since he was a young kid when everyone realize he was so good. Then when someone criticizes the guy, he turns into a big baby. No wonder he can't handle criticism. And no wonder he'll look to just be an average pitcher in the majors.
    he pitched better than average yesterday. That was a stacked lineup and he had 2 ER through 6.1 innings with only 89 pitches. I will take that from any "average" pitcher every fifth day.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    175

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Awwwwwww. Another guy who thinks we should coddle our athletes. Homer has probably been coddled since he was a young kid when everyone realize he was so good. Then when someone criticizes the guy, he turns into a big baby. No wonder he can't handle criticism. And no wonder he'll look to just be an average pitcher in the majors.
    Why aren't you a professional scout making the big bucks since you can forecast a pitcher's entire career while he's only 22 years old?

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    539

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    If you dont want personal feelings from an article then just read a stat line.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    190

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    If you dont want personal feelings from an article then just read a stat line.
    Are you a hard postmodernist? There's only stats and opinion, nothing in between? Writing that only so and so many Phils hit the ball hard off Bailey, or that Bailey threw a bunch of first pitch strikes, or that he seemed to be locating his fastball, or that his curve wasn't breaking very much, or that he hit 94 on the gun 5 times, that's not reporting? He's a freaking beat writer, not a columnist.
    Last edited by levydl; 06-06-2008 at 04:09 PM.

  9. #8
    Headed South
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    85

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    Are you a hard postmodernist? .

    I don't think I've ever heard that accusation leveled in the Sun Deck before. Huzzah!

    The art of losing isn't hard to master.


    - e.b.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    434

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    He's a freaking beat writer, not a columnist.
    Bingo!
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    419

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    This guy just needs to retire. He isn't a good read and he lets his personal feelings show through too much in his writing.
    So you can't handle the truth/opinion about a guy who has been around the Reds organization for 35 plus years. Go follow another team that their media treats them with kid gloves.
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

  12. #11
    He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    704

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    Bingo nothing. Most of the comments that have gotten people all worked up occurred in his blog, not his game reports. Isn't the entire idea of a blog supposed to be a person can write their personal thoughts and opinions on a variety of topics? When C. Trent was still a daily beat reporter, he wrote about the same types of things that he still does now that he is not a beat reporter. Why is it when Hal does the same thing he is told to shut up and stick to being a reporter. You guys are as wrong as you can be when criticizing Hal for what he chooses to write about in his blog. If you dont like what he writes that is an entirely different thing but to say because he is a beat reporter he cant write other things are way off base.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,585

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    I'm with you 44Magnum. He's way past his expiration date.

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,344

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    Its mainly his blog writing.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

    ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    7,585

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    I used to love him.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NW Ohio
    Posts
    45

    Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

    I still do!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25