Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

This guy just needs to retire. He isn't a good read and he lets his personal feelings show through too much in his writing.
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Put me in the anti-Hal McCoy crowd.

Ironic that you're criticizing a reporter for doing the exact thing you're doing with your post.

Awwwwwww. Another guy who thinks we should coddle our athletes. Homer has probably been coddled since he was a young kid when everyone realize he was so good. Then when someone criticizes the guy, he turns into a big baby. No wonder he can't handle criticism. And no wonder he'll look to just be an average pitcher in the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Awwwwwww. Another guy who thinks we should coddle our athletes. Homer has probably been coddled since he was a young kid when everyone realize he was so good. Then when someone criticizes the guy, he turns into a big baby. No wonder he can't handle criticism. And no wonder he'll look to just be an average pitcher in the majors.
    he pitched better than average yesterday. That was a stacked lineup and he had 2 ER through 6.1 innings with only 89 pitches. I will take that from any "average" pitcher every fifth day.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Why aren't you a professional scout making the big bucks since you can forecast a pitcher's entire career while he's only 22 years old?

If you dont want personal feelings from an article then just read a stat line.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    If you dont want personal feelings from an article then just read a stat line.
    Are you a hard postmodernist? There's only stats and opinion, nothing in between? Writing that only so and so many Phils hit the ball hard off Bailey, or that Bailey threw a bunch of first pitch strikes, or that he seemed to be locating his fastball, or that his curve wasn't breaking very much, or that he hit 94 on the gun 5 times, that's not reporting? He's a freaking beat writer, not a columnist.
    Last edited by levydl; 06-06-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Headed South

Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    Are you a hard postmodernist? .

I don't think I've ever heard that accusation leveled in the Sun Deck before. Huzzah!

The art of losing isn't hard to master.

- e.b.

Quote Originally Posted by levydl View Post
    He's a freaking beat writer, not a columnist.
    Bingo!
    80% of the earth is covered by water. The other 20% is covered by Eric Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by 44Magnum View Post
    This guy just needs to retire. He isn't a good read and he lets his personal feelings show through too much in his writing.
    So you can't handle the truth/opinion about a guy who has been around the Reds organization for 35 plus years. Go follow another team that their media treats them with kid gloves.
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Bingo nothing. Most of the comments that have gotten people all worked up occurred in his blog, not his game reports. Isn't the entire idea of a blog supposed to be a person can write their personal thoughts and opinions on a variety of topics? When C. Trent was still a daily beat reporter, he wrote about the same types of things that he still does now that he is not a beat reporter. Why is it when Hal does the same thing he is told to shut up and stick to being a reporter. You guys are as wrong as you can be when criticizing Hal for what he chooses to write about in his blog. If you dont like what he writes that is an entirely different thing but to say because he is a beat reporter he cant write other things are way off base.

I'm with you 44Magnum. He's way past his expiration date.

Its mainly his blog writing.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

I used to love him.

I still do!

Turn Off Ads?