Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Reds draft picks playing in College World Series/Super Regionals

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Re: Reds draft picks playing in College World Series/Super Regionals

Yonder just went yard (24th of the year) to give Miami a 4-3 lead in the bottom of the 7th in their game against Georgia in the first round of the CWS.

Yonder is a BMF.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Yonder just went yard (24th of the year) to give Miami a 4-3 lead in the bottom of the 7th in their game against Georgia in the first round of the CWS.

Yonder is a BMF.
    Don't forget to mention that it was a bomb to left-center off of a lefty. Yonder is the real deal

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

The first time up against the same lefty, Yonder flew out to the track in LCF.

I don't think he'll need to sit against LHP.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasonBuzz3 View Post
    Don't forget to mention that it was a bomb to left-center off of a lefty. Yonder is the real deal
    Alex Mcree (Ga.) was the pitcher and he's not a bad LHP but he's given up (coming in) 46 Hits in 44 IP but only 5 of those were XBH's 2 Dbl's and 3 HR's. The pitch was supposed to be a FB on the outer corner and was close but left it a bit short of the corner and Alonso swung like he knew it was coming. If he hit's his spot there Alonso swings and misses, but he didn't and Alonso made him pay.

It was the go ahead run late in the game (7th) at the time, but Alas UM went down and hopefully for the sake of Alonso's development and the Dayton Dragons 2nd half Fla. St. beats them next. The game ended w/ Alonso on deck and Josh Fields on the mound getting Jemile Weeks to pop out for the final out.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Yeah, because if UM loses 1 week earlier than if it went to the Finals, Alonso's development would seriously be hindered.

I'll never get that argument from many of the fans on this board.

The more I watch Alonso hit the more I like the pick. I absolutely love his approach at the plate. He very rarely chases a bad pitch and he's not afraid to hit to the opposite field. I think he's going to develop into a .300+ hitter who walks 100+ times and hits 30-35 homeruns and gets on base at a .400 clip. Alonso, Bruce, and Votto will form a great trio in the middle of the lineup. Now we just gotta hope EdE or Todd Frazier can become the big right handed power bat we need to stick in between the lefties.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

i'm just praying for Miami to lose Monday so we can get to getting him signed already

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Yeah, because if UM loses 1 week earlier than if it went to the Finals, Alonso's development would seriously be hindered.

I'll never get that argument from many of the fans on this board.
    DT that remark from me was made somewhat in jest. I think we all know a week, a month, etc isn't going to make a difference, just ready for him to start helping out Dayton hopefully. And also to start to get a read on his future with a wood bat in hand.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The more I watch Alonso hit the more I like the pick. I absolutely love his approach at the plate. He very rarely chases a bad pitch and he's not afraid to hit to the opposite field. I think he's going to develop into a .300+ hitter who walks 100+ times and hits 30-35 homeruns and gets on base at a .400 clip. Alonso, Bruce, and Votto will form a great trio in the middle of the lineup. Now we just gotta hope EdE or Todd Frazier can become the big right handed power bat we need to stick in between the lefties.
    I think EdE isnt the right handed answer, Frazier maybe...EdE is to much of a free swinger for my taste, just my 2 cents.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I LOVED seeing Yonder's fire in the dugout after the game was over. He was pissed, but it wasn't for show and he didn't take it too far. This guy has some natural fire which is going to bode well for the Reds. I love his approach at the plate and how he takes a hard (but never wild) swing at every pitch he decides to rip at. This guy was a great pick IMO after seeing both him and G.Beckham play multiple games. You NEVER draft for need or you are going to be looking for a job soon. Best player available, period. Kudos to the Reds for doing just that.

Turn Off Ads?