Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Update on Seabass and Country Kepp

Update on Seabass and Country Kepp

Update on the injured shrtstop front:

Alex Gonzalez is on the trip. He's running at about 70 percent.

"Everyday, I feel much better," he said.

He has no pain when he takes groundballs or hits -- only when he runs.

"I want to be 100 percent," he said. "I don't want to jump in and get hurt again."

Jeff Keppinger is not on the trip. But he's probably a little bit ahead of the Gonzalez.

"That's what the trainers tell me," Dusty Baker said.

Both Keppinger and Gonzalez will go rehab assignments to get at-bats. Keppinger is probably a week away from beginning his.

Jerry Hairston has played well at shortstop since replacing Keppinger who replaced Gonzalez.

"Where would be with Hairston? Baker said. "Where would we be with out Keppinger?"

The Reds are 11-7 with Hairston starting at shortstop.

Baker is going to tip his hand to what he'll do when Keppinger and/or Gonzalez return.

"You worry about not having enough good players," he said, "not about having too many."
    Most Vottomatic Player

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Re: Update on Seabass and Country Kepp

That's from Fay, I imagine? The man hates paragraphs... what is his editor thinking?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    That's from Fay, I imagine? The man hates paragraphs... what is his editor thinking?
    Yes it's from Fay. Forgot to add that in there.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Blogging isn't a paragraphed artform

Getting Keppinger back and being able to use Hairston all over the place will be a huge boost for the offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Blogging isn't a paragraphed artform
    Doesn't he know that blogger's can't get quotes from their mother's basement?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Doesn't he know that blogger's can't get quotes from their mother's basement?
    Thats a lie... I do it all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Thats a lie... I do it all the time!
    Yeah, but you're young enough to actually live there without scorn.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Also from Fay.

HOPPER UPDATE: Norris Hopper (elbow) is getting close to returning as well. He could start a rehab assignment with the Sarasota Reds as soon as Monday

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Getting Keppinger back and being able to use Hairston all over the place will be a huge boost for the offense.
    true. we have no depth right now.

Forget the paragraphs. I'd settle for sentences without missing words. I'll fill in with red what I think Fay meant to say:

"Where would we be without Hairston? Baker said. "Where would we be with out Keppinger?"

The Reds are 11-7 with Hairston starting at shortstop.

Baker is not going to tip his hand to what he'll do when Keppinger and/or Gonzalez return

Turn Off Ads?