Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Euro 2008

Re: Euro 2008

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    They do show MLS games. ESPN shows the UEFA Champions League as well.
    Unfortunately, as of late it seems like the games are on 10 pm on Thursdays and the UEFA Champions League coverage appears to be non-existent until the final knockout stages. In fact, it seemed like the year before they had a weekly UEFA Champions League show on Fridays that they stopped showing this past season. From what I gather, they moved most of their Champions League coverage to ESPN Deportes, which I don't receive. I think it would be nice if they had a weekly hour-long highlight show covering MLS and the major international leagues and cup competitions.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Unfortunately, as of late it seems like the games are on 10 pm on Thursdays and the UEFA Champions League coverage appears to be non-existent until the final knockout stages. In fact, it seemed like the year before they had a weekly UEFA Champions League show on Fridays that they stopped showing this past season. From what I gather, they moved most of their Champions League coverage to ESPN Deportes, which I don't receive. I think it would be nice if they had a weekly hour-long highlight show covering MLS and the major international leagues and cup competitions.
    ESPN covers the Champions League group stages with double headers each Tuesday and Wednesday (usually a live game on ESPN 2 and a 2nd game replay on ESPN Classic).

As for the MLS games, when it's an east coast game it starts at 7, when it's west coast it starts at 10.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    ESPN covers the Champions League group stages with double headers each Tuesday and Wednesday (usually a live game on ESPN 2 and a 2nd game replay on ESPN Classic).

As for the MLS games, when it's an east coast game it starts at 7, when it's west coast it starts at 10.
    Really? I didn't start picking it up on my schedule on Direct TV until the knockout stages. I did see some of the double headers in the knockout rounds, but I didn't see those this past season until after the new year. I felt like there was practically no coverage when the group stages started in the fall.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Really? I didn't start picking it up on my schedule on Direct TV until the knockout stages. I did see some of the double headers in the knockout rounds, but I didn't see those this past season until after the new year. I felt like there was practically no coverage when the group stages started in the fall.
    They had games every week there was action in the group stages. We even had a thread running here that started in the fall. In fact they even had the round of qualifiers before the group stage (last year they showed Liverpool vs. Toulouse). The coverage is pretty extensive.

They also still do the weekly CL wrapup show (during the weeks where there's action), but I think its time slot bounces around a lot.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

They had games every week there was action in the group stages. We even had a thread running here that started in the fall. In fact they even had the round of qualifiers before the group stage (last year they showed Liverpool vs. Toulouse). The coverage is pretty extensive.

They also still do the weekly CL wrapup show (during the weeks where there's action), but I think its time slot bounces around a lot.
    Are you sure you aren't thinking about the season before this past one? I remember there more coverage prior to this past season, but I felt this season's coverage was pretty bad. I even tried setting up my Tivo to seek out and record Champions League games and they couldn't find them. When I did a search through the program guide, all Champions League matches were listed on ESPN Deportes, while ESPN2 and ESPN Classic were showing other stuff. The only soccer I could find was the weekly EPL matchup shown on FSN Ohio on Tuesday afternoons. Champions League games didn't start showing up on the non-Spanish ESPN channels, for me at least, until February. I think I might have even commented on it in the fall. I've also noticed ESPN moving a lot of its soccer coverage to ESPN360, which I don't have access to either. Other than the Round of 16 and beyond for the Champions League, Euro 2008, the MLS game of the week and the occasional USMNT tilt, there really hasn't been much soccer coverage at all. If you're like me and don't have Fox Soccer Channel, you aren't getting that much soccer on a weekly basis, and when you do, it's at weird times.

Are you sure you aren't thinking about the season before this past one?
    100% positive. I was particularly interested in the Liverpool-Toulouse game because both teams had new strikers (Torres and Andre-Pierre Gignac, obviously that worked out better for Liverpool).

And I made sure to telecommute each day the group stages were played.

100% positive. I was particularly interested in the Liverpool-Toulouse game because both teams had new strikers (Torres and Andre-Pierre Gignac, obviously that worked out better for Liverpool).

And I made sure to telecommute each day the group stages were played.
    Are you sure you're watching those games on an ESPN channel available to the general public? I have DirectTV and get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, and ESPN News, but not ESPNU or Deportes. No GolTV or FSC or Setanta Sports. I have never seen a qualifying round match listed on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPN Classic. I guess I'll have to watch out for them when they come around again.

Are you sure you're watching those games on an ESPN channel available to the general public? I have DirectTV and get ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, and ESPN News, but not ESPNU or Deportes. No GolTV or FSC or Setanta Sports. I have never seen a qualifying round match listed on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPN Classic. I guess I'll have to watch out for them when they come around again.
    ESPN2 and ESPN Classic. 100% sure.

Turn Off Ads?